Hair Loss

RitaJS

Reaction score
My LO is nearly 5mnths and my hair has been falling out like you wouldnt believe. My hair looks so thin and unhealthy now, which is so not what it used to be.

Went to the doctor who said it was natural part of post pregnancy process and hormones in the body returning to normal and that it could be upto a yr before my hair stops falling out and returns to normal. Apparantly whilst pregnant hair goes thru the growth stages and after birth it goes to the shedding stage to get rid of the excess hair grown. If my hair keeps fallling out as it is i will end up bald!!!!

Can anyone give me any tips on how to encourage my hair to grow / stop shedding?

Mines same, interested in if theres anything I can do to improve it :)

I don't think there's much we can do. I have the same, though it seems to be letting up a bit. I did read that the hair will just grow back once the hormones are more in check, so that's a plus. Use a light volumizer? I cut my short and it helped it look fuller... :roll:

i thought about getting my hair cut shorter with maybe some layers to give it more volume BUT i'm embarrassed to go to the hairdresser!!!!!!!!!!!
They will wash my hair and it will just come out in clumps, when the comb thru my hair will come out tangled in the comb and then when they dry it it will be falling out all over the floor. :oops:

I can subject myself to this!!! Am just going to have to wait and hope that it doesnt all fall out before it starts to grow again. For now i've changed my side parting to a middle one which makes it look fuller. :cheer:

im loosing mine too , hubby is very fed up of finding it everywhere :oops:

Same with mine, I think it's kind of grossing him out. :lol:

It will stop ladies, mine stopped when LO was about 9 months I think. It because in pregnancy you don't loose half as much as you are supposed to so once baby is born your body over compensates for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back