Hair loss after pregnancy

Stephanie81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone was experiencing anything similar. I gave birth 8 months ago, and for the last 6 months my hair has been falling out in hand fulls every day! I've got really long hair, and it was really thick. I thought it would have stopped by now, but every day it's the same. I'm starting to get really worried about it. Can anyone offer any reassurance or advice? xxx

How strange I come in here to post about my hair and here is your post saying exactly the same thing!!!

It's awful that it's falling out but I think it's normal after pregnancy :(

I just posted same thing before seeing this in the baby & toddler's section xx

Tapatalking!

Thanks girls. Sorry that you have the same problem as me, but it's nice to know we're not alone! It's so depressing, especially because my hair is almost down to my waist. It's going to take years to go back to normal! xxx

its is becasue when pregnant you dont shed your hair as much as you would do normally, so when you have baby you may think you are losing loads, but in fact its just all the hair you SHOULD have shed.

ALso though it can be due to the influx in hormones xxx

My hair dresser reckoned iron was good post pregnancy hair loss, don't know true that it though!

Mines really long too and 9 months on is still falling out loads. It shows everywhere as its black, I dread it falling out while cooking! Lynette is right its due to losing less in pregnancy. Are you still bf? I am and wondered if that was why.

No, I stopped breastfeeding after 6 weeks, as he was feeding every hour. I've googled all the reasons why, but thought it would have stopped by now, and it's literally hand fulls and hand fulls every time I touch my hair! My hair was really really thick, and now it's so fine. It's just getting me down. I've got loads of regrowth at the sides too, it looks terrible! xxx

Thank you. It doesn't make me feel any better though lol. I've got a list of vitamins to take, but I sort of think if it's going to fall out, there's not much you can do to stop it! We're trying for our next at the moment, really hope it happens soon, then at least I won't go bald!lol xxx Good luck ttc, hope it happens soon for you! We really struggled to have our first (lots of mc's), so I know how heartbreaking and frustrating it can be, lots of lovexxx

Last edited:
awww I would be pretty upset too if my hair was falling out sweets x i hope it all sorts itself out for you soon chicken

I know what you mean, I am virtually bald :brat:

Last edited:
I didn't know this

As much as I complain about my ridiculously thick hair, I don't want to lose it

Anything we can do post birth to help the situation?

Im the same. I gave birth 19 weeks ago and mine seems to be getting worse. My hair is long and thick and it seems to be coming out in hand fulls. My nails are bad too

Hi ladies I posted on the other thread. There are a couple of products on the Market that help with thinning hair, they cost about £30 for a months worth but do work. Redken and Nioxin both offer products with a money back guarantee if it doesn't work. My husband has uses one as he's been going bald since he was 25 and his hair's much thicker now. Look on either of the companies websites and you should be able to find a stockist xx

Babe, i am in the middle of my pregnancy and i am losing 1000 of hairs a day and i dont know what to do...
But if you are done with pregnancy and you have your little cutie next to you..then i can help you !! hopefully..:)
I know this oil called (uk hair solutions) check your Boots store, it is made of essential oils and marine extracts, buy it and apply it once a week on your scalp for some time and you will thank me when your hair stops falling and get super thick and healthy, my trouble is that i can not use it during pregnancy and i am getting bald!! :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back