Hair - dye?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
My hair really needs done.... To hopefully make me feel better about looking loke crap haha.
Im 13 weeks my scan is next week. Is dye safe?

I can only comment that its safe wen i get highlights done as hairdresser uses the cap so bleach doesny actually touch my scalp - sure someone will bd able to advise zn its dlways nice to get ur hair done xx

I dyed my hair loads last time I was pregnant- it's fine as long as it's in a well ventilated room. However if you're going to a hairdressers they might want to do a patch test because hormones can change how you react to things, also beat in mind that it may not have the same effect when pregnant. Always tell your hairdresser before they do it, too

My hairdresser has advised that colouring is perfectly safe it's only with bleach that you should be wary as that can sometimes goes onto the scalp but I'm still wary, I wouldn't advise using a shop bought dye and only use hairdresser whilst pregnant xx

Thanks ladies. My hairdresser said perfectly safe :) yey! She said it would only be of concern if i got bleach whoch i dont xx

Spoke to mine about this yesterday, she uses non bleach colours and doesn't apply right to scalp anyway with my foils.

Been wondering the same!! I dye mine myself, it doesn't contain bleach but haven't done it yet, even though it's desperate. From what I've read online it says most people wait until after 12 weeks just to be safe but I don't know how accurate that is.
I've previously been told if i wanted a hairdresser to dye my hair then they'd have to strip my dye off and start from scratch. I just can't justify paying hairdresser prices when I can do it for a tenner myself!!

I read quite a few studies that say dying your hair 3-4 times in pregnancy as the amount is teeny. I used semi permanent as there's no ammonia in that anyway xxx

I'm planning to get mine done. The book Expecting Better by Emily Oster is great - looks at evidence to show what is really worth worrying about and what isn't. That has reassured me it's not a problem! Also, I don't get bleach either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back