hair dye .

tinytoes

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do . Would it be dangerous for me if I we're to bleach and dye my hair ?

Apparently highlights are ok but not all-over dye as you shouldn't let the dye touch your scalp.

hmm , maybe I could still do red low lights then ?

Theres a thread about this in pregnancy chat hun by Shauna, just to let you know :) xx

I'm getting foils next week - should be ok!

i bleahed mine 5 times in a week to go from red to blonde n it was fine

No probs :) i asked the same question a wee while ago when i was about to get my hair done, i ended up just getting a cut and i'm leaving dye until tri 2, personal choice really, I'll get a skin test too. :) xx

No probs :) i asked the same question a wee while ago when i was about to get my hair done, i ended up just getting a cut and i'm leaving dye until tri 2, personal choice really, I'll get a skin test too. :) xx
My hairdresser advised this when I call :) So im happy to wait

My roots are horrendous but Ive held off getting my hair dyed also as heard loads of different stories! However when asked MW she said it doesnt harm the baby at all the only reason they warn against it is because of all the raging hormones etc and siad that sometimes the colours dont come out quite right but apart from that it was safe! Ive still not done mine but only coz I havent be bothered to do it....MUST do it asap tho its rotten lol xx

My full head gets dyed. Ive read up on it and very little dye absorbs into your scalp! x

I only get highlights which are meant to be safer than a whole head colour but I decided to wait until second trimester. My roots look terrible at the momemt.

Hairdresser said that bleaching isn't recommended but you can dye your hair if its earlier on (i.e. not in the third tri) as long as it has no major amounts of bleach in it, e.g. castings is a really good one :) xx

I want to do my roots but am waiting til i get to the safety barrier of 12 weeks. Am scared to take any risks at all until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back