Hair dye

Glow26

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently approx 6 weeks pregnant and have got a hair appointment next week with my friend. I obviously don't really want to tell people about the pregnancy yet and was wondering if it was safe to have my hair coloured or not? Thank you x

I have been dyeing my hair hun but do a skin test as you may react differently to the dye now your preggers x

I had highlights done as it doesnt touch your scalp and my hairdresser said it was safer. Seems to have been fine tho! X

I had mine done at 5 weeks when I had only just found out. As long as you're in a well ventilated space, and not allergic to the hair dye all should be fine.

My midwife told me it was perfectly fine to dye my hair as such tiny amounts of chemicals enter your body from it but that they advise not to dye your hair until after 12 weeks, just in case.

My hairdresser has advised its fine its just advised to get a skin test done :)

Hi, I'm currently approx 6 weeks pregnant and have got a hair appointment next week with my friend. I obviously don't really want to tell people about the pregnancy yet and was wondering if it was safe to have my hair coloured or not? Thank you x

I did a thread on this about a month ago with the same concerns!

reading about it online made me paranoid and scared.. but when i asked my midwife she said that it's no problem. also everyone i spoke to who has had babies has said they didnt even think about it they just did it.

i did wait until 11 weeks (tried to wait until 12 but got impatient) thinking it might be safer x

Hi

Ive died my hair through all 3 of my daughter pregnancies, with no problems, and intend doing the same through this pregnancy

x

Tri hopping. My mw wouldn't ok it as she said there's no proof it's harmless (or harmful) as not tested. However, I do my own and when I patch tested I've become very allergic! So not been able to dye my roots all my pregnancy which is a pain! So make sure you patch test if you do decide to do it, it took a layer of skin off behind my ear!!! Xx

It's fine for most people. How do u think pregnant celebs keep their highlights etc going through pregnancy. As has been mentioned, just make sure to do a patch test first :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back