Getting hair done..

scottishlassie

Reaction score
Hi girls, just wondering if you could give me your opinion on getting your hair done? I'm getting my hair done, and i was going to get my roots done and also a colour underneath, and a cut. Is it safe to use dye? I'm getting it done at the hairdressers. I'm guessing i might be best just asking them if their dyes are safe for pregnant ladies... But wanted to find out if you had any thoughts.. :) Ofcourse if its unsafe I will just get (a much needed!) cut :) xxx

There is nothing to say dying your hair is unsafe during pregnancy hun.

I know some people - myself included have held off on dying their hair until after the 1st Tri as it's a major growth and development stage - however this is a personal prefference (Sp?)

Make sure you let your hairdresser know you are pregnant and how far along you are.

Also...worth noting but sometimes, due to hormones etc, your hair my react differently to dyes and perms. xx

My midwife said i can't until im in tri 2 because tri 1 is the most important development of your baby and its been found after 30 minutes of dye being on your hair it is found in your urine xx

I'm a hairdresser and dyin hair throughout pregnancy is fine aslong as appropriate allergy tests r done (for allergy) cos hormone changes can make u more sensitive to the dyes.

me to a hairdresser and weve always dyed preg womens hair at all stages... sometimes women prefer just to get meche/foils so its not directly on scalp.... some hair salons also offer ammonia free dye which is chemical free , do what ur comfortable with hun xx

I have heard people say that you shouldn't colour till after 12 weeks and if u do go for streaks?! I don't know if it is true or not but I'm suffering with my roots atm! Xx

Thanks all for the comments, i think i will have a wee think, i might go in tomorrow and see what the say too, but if i go for any colour, i think it will just be streaks. But to be honest i am swaying towards baring with my roots untill after i'm in tri 2!

I will also ask for allergy tests (thanks emma!!)

:) Xxx

Aww bless ya...tbh hun I took the same view.

My mum was a hairdresser for many years and she dye's mine. Before I fell pregnant we bleached it and dyed it bright red! Well once I found out I point blank refused to have is dyed again lol

15 weeks later my natural hair has come thru and I look very odd with black roots! Just waiting for a night when I don't feel shattered to pop down and have my hair dyed black again xx

Hey I am also a hairdresser and I agree with Lisa, if you go for colour best to go for foil or meche that way if applied properly it will not come in to contact with your skin.
But if it were me, I think I would wait until Tri 2 but it really is personal preference!

Shauna I didnt even know that!! :shock:

I coloured my Mums hair the other day and got some on my fingers, I just washed it off, hope bubba will be ok!! Also was obviously (tried not too) but breathing in the fumes but I have worked with people who have been pregnant and they did not make any changes to how they did anything so I am sure it will be fine.

As long as it's not on your scalp it's fine, so foils all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back