Had to go to the doctors

Emma58

Reaction score
Well I have just been to the doctors after having a bad weekend with pains under my right rib and feeling poorly.

She said from what I have told her it does sound like Irritable Bowel Syndrome and wind causing me the pain (as my bowel habits have been all over the place going from one extreme to the other, Sorry if TMI)
But she has also taken blood form me to test my liver function to check for Gallstones. In the meantime I'm just to eat Peppermints and carry on taking Gaviscon.

I am now absolutely terrified if it is my Gall Bladder what will they do?
I have this really bad fear of hospitals and operations and I feel physically sick just thinking about it. For some reason giving birth etc doesn't scare me but having to have some procedure does and I have come home now panicking like mad.
Got to wait til Friday to get results back

hey hon
sorry you've been poorly :hug: :hug:
try not to worry about something that hasn't been diagnosed yet. there's a good chance that its IBS and that your doc is just being good and making sure that it might not be anything else. stress isn't good for your LO - easier said than done, but try to feel reassured that your docs are looking after you well and not worry :hug:
xxx

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so rough. No advice - I hate hospitals too but they're only there to do their best for you. I know it doesn't help much. :hug: s

Thanks everyone.

Purple13 you are right I am worrying about something before it is diagnosed she wasn't overly concerned that it was my gall bladder she thought it was IBS. She did an examination of my stomach and said it all felt 'normal'.
I just can't help worrying.

I've had my gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery. I suffered with pain in the middle of my chest and going right through to my back - I was in absolute agony! I had the worse indigestion, I was being really sick and was generally feeling terrible.

It doesn't sound to me as if your symptoms are typical of gallstones so I wouldn't worry - but if you do the surgery is really simple, you will only have very small scars and there's no problem long term not to have a gallbladder.

Try not to worry, its probably not gallstones but if it is then honestly, it will be fine....x

Where you pregnant when you had Gallstones Sunnyday?

I haven't been sick I felt really sick on Friday night Sat Am but it had been more problems with wind,trapped wind, gas and constipation and diarrhea my stomach has been churning and felt as though it is burning but also with the pain under my rib.

Emma58 said:
Where you pregnant when you had Gallstones Sunnyday?

I haven't been sick I felt really sick on Friday night Sat Am but it had been more problems with wind,trapped wind, gas and constipation and diarrhea my stomach has been churning and felt as though it is burning but also with the pain under my rib.

No, I wasn't pregnant at the time although I have heard of women having the op whilst being pregnant.

Have just read your other post saying that the results are back and its not gallstones - great news! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back