Does this sound like IBS?

Emma58

Reaction score
Since Sunday night I have had stomach ache on and off, I have been constipated although today that isn't a problem :oops: :oops: , I've got wind and i keep getting twingy pains around my right rib.

I'm wondering if i have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I was OK yesterday until I ate a piece of Toast then the stomach ache started.

Does it sound like it?

Dont know if this is any help?

Symptoms
Most people with IBS find their symptoms an occasional nuisance, but don't need to see a doctor. However, for some people the condition seriously affects their quality of life. Most people with IBS continue to get symptoms from time to time. The symptoms include the following.

Pain
The most common symptom of IBS is pain or discomfort in the abdomen. The pain may be mild to severe, and may be made either better or worse by opening the bowels, passing wind or eating.

Pain may occur at a particular time of day, often in the evening. Women may find the ups and downs of pain relates to their menstrual cycle.

Change in bowel habits
With IBS, your faeces may vary in consistency from hard and pellet-like to loose and watery. Alternatively, you may just pass small amounts of mucus. You may find that your bowel habit alternates between constipation and diarrhoea. Afterwards, you may feel that your bowels haven't been completely emptied.

IBS usually causes one symptom more than the others - either pain, constipation or chronic diarrhoea.

Other symptoms
These include a bloated abdomen, passing excess wind, feeling sick and indigestion. Some people also experience a sense of fullness.

These symptoms may be caused by problems other than IBS. You should visit your GP for advice.

yes it does sound like IBS, or it could be coeliac disease if its toast (gluten) that triggered it off. my stomach isnt very tolerant of gluten either, and pimiento peppers go straight thru me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back