Had NT Fold Scan this morning.

timsmom

Reaction score
Hey girls, had my NT fold scan this morning. I had a measurement of 2.6mm at a gestation of 13.3 weeks (CRL 71mm) and I'm 36. They rang the lab to see if they could give me a risk and they said it was still indeterminable (WTF) and I have to have repeat bloods done next Wednesday.

I'm going out of my mind here. If we weren't involved in this stupid pilot, I'd have had the triple test, a NT scan and know my risk by twelve weeks. As it stands I'm gonna be nearly 15 weeks before they decide my risk.

I'm gonna ring the screening co-ordinator tomorrow and see if I can opt out of the pilot, this is just ridiculous (she was off sick today). Sorry to rant, just feeling a bit emotional and exasperated. :wall:

That's awful... I would complain... the pilot schemes are supposed to help the NHS so they should be more understanding... waiting a week for news is terrible when its such a serious situation. :x :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry to hear that. u would think as u are helping with research u would get info earlier. i would opt out and demand they get u info. ask to speak to someone senior. u have a right to be fed up pregnancy is stressfull enough without not knowing too. i hope all goes well for you.

marie x
17+2

are you going to have an amnio? cant reember what the lower and upper measurements are? have yours come out upper?

i wasnt even allowed the trip test till i was gone 15 weeks , said its not acuate before that !

good luck witht he follow up :hug:

sorry to hear its not all going to plan hun
hope you find out soon enough
manda xx

:hug: :hug: I would opt out of the pilot. It's not fair using you and your baby as guinea pigs if they can't give you the info you need.
I'd ask for a triple test instead

That's terrible that they STILL can't give you an answer :(

I hope you get one soon xxx

lisa&alex said:
are you going to have an amnio? cant reember what the lower and upper measurements are? have yours come out upper?

I think, although it's difficult to find out enough info even with the WWW to be sure, that I'm in the upper levels of normal but it's all based on maternal age etc... and is a pretty exact science. Apparetly the Fetal Medical Centre (Dr Nickolaides fame) says there is a graph which they use to put all the info in and it calculates a risk. I don't think it's been published and frankly, I think although I have a little medical knowledge (qualified nurse) it's dangerous to look in to these things unless you have enough understanding or you just end up worrying yourself more.

G3M said:
i wasnt even allowed the trip test till i was gone 15 weeks , said its not acuate before that !

thats what they told me too

i agree totally with you.. you and your family can make informed choices and be knowledged if you know cant you.. and you deserve to know if you want to.

Hey girls, had my NT fold scan this morning. I had a measurement of 2.6mm at a gestation of 13.3 weeks (CRL 71mm) and I'm 36. They rang the lab to see if they could give me a risk and they said it was still indeterminable (WTF) and I have to have repeat bloods done next Wednesday.

I'm going out of my mind here. If we weren't involved in this stupid pilot, I'd have had the triple test, a NT scan and know my risk by twelve weeks. As it stands I'm gonna be nearly 15 weeks before they decide my risk.

I'm gonna ring the screening co-ordinator tomorrow and see if I can opt out of the pilot, this is just ridiculous (she was off sick today). Sorry to rant, just feeling a bit emotional and exasperated. :wall:

That's awful... I would complain... the pilot schemes are supposed to help the NHS so they should be more understanding... waiting a week for news is terrible when its such a serious situation. :x :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry to hear that. u would think as u are helping with research u would get info earlier. i would opt out and demand they get u info. ask to speak to someone senior. u have a right to be fed up pregnancy is stressfull enough without not knowing too. i hope all goes well for you.

marie x
17+2

sorry to hear its not all going to plan hun
hope you find out soon enough
manda xx

:hug: :hug: I would opt out of the pilot. It's not fair using you and your baby as guinea pigs if they can't give you the info you need.
I'd ask for a triple test instead

That's terrible that they STILL can't give you an answer :(

I hope you get one soon xxx

lisa&alex said:

I think, although it's difficult to find out enough info even with the WWW to be sure, that I'm in the upper levels of normal but it's all based on maternal age etc... and is a pretty exact science. Apparetly the Fetal Medical Centre (Dr Nickolaides fame) says there is a graph which they use to put all the info in and it calculates a risk. I don't think it's been published and frankly, I think although I have a little medical knowledge (qualified nurse) it's dangerous to look in to these things unless you have enough understanding or you just end up worrying yourself more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back