• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had midwife ap today....yet another growth scan to attend :/

LucyAnn

Reaction score
She came,
She measured,
She believes im 4 weeks behind,

So have got a scan on monday, I did have a little cry after she had came but feel ok. This happened last month I was showing 2 weeks behind but at the actual growth scan for me baby was bang on measurements. They just said I hide bump well and im tall.so hoping the same happens again and baby is fine :)

So trying not to get stressed but she said to be aware if baby measures that small on actual scan monday they will admit me to the hospital. will ring her to explain things more cus I didnt really take everything in.

All this after finally getting my bumpy pics up on here to saying everythings fine :( xxxx

oh poor you Im so sorry you have this stress I didnt want to read and run I have everything crossed for you will up update us on Monday? xxx

Hi thank you yes will update,hope me and bump prove them wrong for a 2nd time :+) xx

I'm sure baby is fine and it's cos your so tall your baby has lots of room in there, think a lot of shorter girls seem to end up the opposite to you. It seems this tape measuring doesn't mean a lot and just worries us, duno why they still do it! Good luck for Monday x

yeah I was measured that my LO would be a 10lbr and he was actually 6lb 2oz. Im 5'4"ish so I seem to measure bigger theyve said the same this time too. Fingers x its that and you prove them wrong again x

Thanks ladies, cant believe how many of us are told wrong measurements and wrong weights I am surprised things arent more accurate.its not fair on us for all the extra stress caused but I spose atleast we have an extra eye on us. Each week with my pregnancy I jusy start to ebjoy and chill and then bam more worry x x

My GP said she thinks they should just do away with the external bump measurements as they are so inaccurate.

Try not to worry hun, I'm sure you'll prove that they are wrong about babys size on Monday.

Good luck for your scan xxx

It is worrying indeed but better be safe really, I am measuring large and they did find increased fluid but everyone is different and it can be nothing, there are exceptions. I guess external measurements are much cheaper to do so they dont have to scan everyone all the time.

Thankyou :+) yeah.alot of people seem surprised they still use tape measure xx

Try not to worry too much, I know its hard!

I have never been measured with tape measure, but with my first the MW thought I was too small & sent me for a scan and they also thought she was too small but she was born a normal weight, so they do get it wrong sometimes.

:)

Thankyou, thats reasurred me quite abit x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back