hope doc can help and u get betta soon xxx

awww deb i really do feel 4 u :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hope doc can help and u get betta soon xxx

I hope the doctor makes you all better :hug: :hug: :hug:
Let us know how it goes.

Good luck at the doctors :hug:

Hope you are feeling better soon.

awh debbie
i have just started with a cold, it is a rotten one and my ribs are already sore, i can't imagine how pants you are feeling...im not nearly as far on
it will pass and you will feel better try and keep your mind off the pain if you can, drink loads of orange juice...this has helped me in the past and avoid dairy as it flares up mucas/nasal passage.
hope tommorow is brighter for you and doc gives you something
xx

I've just recovered from sinusitus and it was horrible so here have a big squeezy :hug:

Good on you for getting an appointment Debbie!

I really hope they can do something for you and that you start to feel better soon - in time for Flump's arrival :cheer:

She made me feel like a complete time waster. :(

I walked in and told her baby is due on Monday and that I have a really bad cold and she looked at me as if to say "AND?"

So I explained that I'd been taking paracetemol but it wasn't doing anything, that I have excruciating rib pain, headaches and facial pain.

She checked my throat, ears and chest, all of which are clear (which I knew they would be) and was going to give me Beconase to clear my sinuses (she didn't even bother to have a feel around my eyes to see if I have a sinus infection even though I mentioned it), but it came up with a warning for pregnancy and breastfeeding so she wouldn't give me that.

In the end she told me to increase the paracetemol I'm taking as I can have 8 in 24 hours... I'd previously said I was having 2 every 6 hours.. as far as I am aware 2 every 6 hours IS 8 in 24 hours! :x

After telling her I am due on Monday, she said oh you're 36 weeks.... er NO, I'M DUE ON MONDAY! :x

I eventually got told there is nothing I can have so I asked about saline nasal drops and she looked at me like I am insane and said "What, you want those?" So I told her it's that painful I would try anything that I CAN have at this point. So she gave me a prescription for those. I could have just gone to Boots for them.

Feel like I wasted my time to be honest. You're on your own Deb!!!! :cry:

before i changed doctors, my old doctors were rubbish, so i used to go to the out of hours doctors that we have here, dont know if you have the same thing.

have you tried steaming a few times a day, i found olbas oil steaming was the best.

She sounds absolutely useless :shock:

Don't really have any advice to give to you but have lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: and get as much rest as you can chick.

Silly cow. The "8 in 24 hours" dodgy maths made me laugh though. At least you can console yourself with the fact you're more intelligent than the medical professionals.

Get yourself to bed and get better hun :hug:

Really do feel for you, I know how awful it is. It doesn't get better when bubs arrives and you get sick. I've just had a cold for two weeks which went down to my chest and I got an infection so had to go to the docs for antibiotics that I could take whilst breastfeeding. I can't tell you how miserable and absolutely horrendous it is trying to breastfeed every 2-3 hours when your head and chest is about to explode! Poor Connor was buried somewhere under all my tissues every day, and how could I stop him getting it!!! Lets hope your cold is all gone when Flump arrives at least! :hug: :hug:

:hug: I'm really sorry your GP was no help :(

I really hope you start to feel better soon.

I'm beginning to think I am starting with a cold too :x I have a sore throat today and I am really shivery I cannot get warm.

It's a shame the doctor couldn't help, she could at least have been more sympathetic! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kim&Leah said:
:hug: :hug: get matt to spoil you :wink:

I second that :D Matt if you're reading, I hope you're looking after Debbie & Flump, no doubt you are :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back