Had a scan, a sweep and booked for induction!

valleygirl24

Reaction score
Had my scan this afternoon, I think last weeks measurements were over estimated as the baby was 8lb 14oz today but the AC and FL measurements werent much different from last weeks.
Consultant called me in to look at results and decided that hes wanting me to try naturally first so gave me a sweep today which was apparently "a really good sweep" and Im "favourable" so he is hoping it will kick start things. If it doesnt, I have another sweep on friday from the midwife and he has booked me in to hospital to be induced next tuesday if baby hasnt arrived after two sweeps.
All I can say is I hope this sweep works as it was rather uncomfortable and I dont think I want another one done. Its also kick started period pains and backache so Im :pray: that something will come of it.

good luck hunny, hope this kick starts things for you :hug:

Just been for a pee and when I wiped there was blood and little jelly bits of blood which i presume is the plug coming away woohoo

Backache is now getting worse and sitting/standing is uncomfortable, leaning forward on my windowsill looking outside isnt though. Just going to do some food then will clean my kitchen and livingroom to see if that helps some more (and it will keep me occupied)

ooo!! good luck!

try and keep active... Have a bath to help with the pain...

Got my fingers crossed this is the start of it all for you!! :hug:

lost more plug again, (quite a big bit) but also seem to be losing tiny little dark (almost black) blood clot type bits - presume its because the consultant give me a sweep and stretch according to my notes???
Was going to get some cleaning done - was going to do kitchen surfaces and hoover kitchen and livingroom but the bags I bought to go in there are the wrong ones (after bloke being adament they were the right ones) so hopefully my mother wont be snowed in tomorrow and can bring her cleaner down for me to use in the morning.
Going to try to go to bed now but feeling really uncomfortable and getting tightenings (dont think they are often enough to bother timing them though). Hopefully I will be on here at some point in the morning with progress :pray:

Hope this is it for you. Will be thinking about you.

They have said that they will do a sweep for me next tuesday. I'm not looking forward to it but if it works i guess i won't care. Hope you manage to get done what you want to.

Grace xx

I managed to get about 5 hours sleep out of 12 hours in bed, tightenings had stopped, as had most of the pains so I got up disappointed. Went to the toilet about 7 times last night and wasnt losing plug so presumed Id lost it all - how wrong was I? Went to the toilet when I got up this morning and lost tons of it - how much is there?

TMI - last night it was really thick looking, (a bit like jam) but looked like slime, however what Ive lost this morning is more of a brown colour with a few streaks in it and looks more like phlegm (was grossed out when I got up off the toilet and it came out landing on the seat) :puke:

Since Ive got up though the pains in my stomach are getting back to what they were last night. Would love to go for a walk but dont think its advisable in the snow we have!

Sounds promising Nicola keep active and if it gets really painful a bath will help Good luck :hug:

managed a good half hour walk, took my dog (lives with my dad) over to the local park for a walk in the snow but it didnt do anything, have since had food and waiting for things to increase.
Just had a phonecall from the hospital to ask if Id had the baby yet as they have an antenatal class on saturday if I want to attend it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back