Anyone had a sweep at 37 weeks?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I'm booked in for 2 sweeps, on sunday & tuesday. I'll only be 37 weeks so what are the chances my cervix will be favourable? I'm desperate for the sweeps to work as I'm terrified of being induced!
Has anyone had a sweep this early? I mean, it must work at this stage for some people or they wouldn't bother doing it, surely..

How come you are having a sweep at 37 weeks and how do i get one??? I want this baby out now, i'm sick of not being able to go anywhere or stand up in hot weather without feeling really ill!

I've got gestational diabetes and have got to be induced due to the fact that the placenta deteriorates quicker, and the size of the baby. I've got 2 sweeps before my actual induction date (11th August).

Yes I had one at 37+2 and another at 38+2. Unfortunately they didn't work for me so am being induced on Friday. Don't be disheartened though, as you say, they must work for some people and even if they don't work at least then if you are induced maybe the sweeps will have helped you dilate a little bit before hand.

I was 1.5cm dilated when the first sweep was done and 2cm when second was done. I have been taking RLT tablets which I am convinvced helped my cervix be soft enough to actually do the sweeps. Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

Oh - I had a show after first one and my plug started to come away too. I also had cramping and a bit of back pain but it didn't lead to anything further. The first sweep definately slowed me up a lot compared to how mobile I was before it. But again it passed x

Nik I am a private patient so consultant is happy to do a sweep at this stage if your cervix will allow. But I have a slight complication also in that my placenta is maturing a bit too fast so again this just justified getting one at 37wks...

Thanks girls, oh well, i'm probably waiting it out then.

Lulu, i hope it works for you, whilst i want the baby out, i don't really want to be induced either. Will keep my fingers crossed that it works

I had my sweep around this time, the first one didnt do anything but i had another and 2 days later i went into labour .. the day i was going in to be induced !! they arent the comfiest of things i'll be honest, but i'm glad i had them ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back