Had to Spend 2 Nights In Hospital

jennyr1985

Reaction score
Hello All!

Ive just got back from spending 2 nites in hospital. Im knackered, and will go to bed once I have written this.

I made an appointment with my doctor on tues to see if I can change my iron tablets, I also mentioned the baby wasn't moving as much, and I had lost weight. She then phoned the hospital and they said I should go in and get checked out. They put me on a monitor that shows the baby's heartbeart and any contractions that my uterus is making. It showed the baby to be fine, but it also showed I had an irritable uterus, which was tightening every 20-30mins. They suggested I stayed in for the night and they could keep monitoring me. My urine also showed protein in it, so they thought I may have had a water infection.

Anyway, I then had to stay another night (1 is bad enough in hospital), and they kept putting me on this monitor. They were unsure what was causing the tightenings, my urine was clear too, and they wanted to make sure I wasn't going into labour. They have just given me antibiotics and sent me home finally today!!yay!

All this because I just wanted to change my iron tablets!!!lol! And they re took my blood, and im not even anaemic anymore!!oh well, I feel like I want to sleep for a week!I thought I better let you guys know where ive been.

Love Jenny

xxx

Hunny, sorry to hear that. I guess its better to be safe than sorry. Glad everything is ok now though.

Take it easy and get loads of rest.

Nicki.xx :D

You poor thing.

I hate staying overnight in hospital so I know how you feel.

So pleased that everything is Ok though and your baby is doing well.

Have a good rest babe, you deserve it!

Bless you it is horrid being kept in isn't it!! Especially for 2 nights. Those monitors do get annoying but it's nice to listen to your babies heartbeat at the same time :)

Glad you;' back and all is well. xxx

Glad your home and your both ok.
Take care of yourself and plenty of chocolate and feet up.
xxx

Aww welcome back hun, glad all is well, get some rest and get oh to run around after u!
xxxxxxxxxx

hope you're having a lovely rest just as i post this to you jenny
thinking of you and pleased to hear you and baby are ok.
take care xx

Thankyou everyone for your lovely responses!! :D

It has definitely taught me a lesson to slow down. I have to admit because my bump is not that big Ive been rushing around as normal, and had a lot of stress lately, I guess things all add up. I read up on why they gave me antibiotics, and found out if they do not treat the water infection then it can turn into a kidney infection, and the irritable uterus Ive got can provoke early labour :shock: So all today Im not cleaning or rushing around, Im going to stay in bed for ages!!

I have to say im a bit annoyed with my OH. He had a "man cold" over the last few days, and when I got back from hospital, all he moaned about was his cold!!! He even went on to tell me he couldn't sleep at nights because his throat hurt, try bloody having a bump, mild contractions, and being in hospital!!! :x Oh well, he managed to cook a frozen pizza last night (I usually do all the cooking), we ate at gone 8pm, by which time I was starving!!! :shock: Thats men for you though!lol! :lol:

Hope everyone is ok

xxx

Awww Jenny i only just saw your post, poor you!!!

I feel really close to you as we are due the same day and it made me think it could've happened to me!

Tell your bump from me that he/she is not cooked yet and needs a while longer, thats the phrase my step son uses on my little bump and i love it. He says how much longer until shes ready, its not a real bun in the oven honey!!!! LOL!

Put your feet up and rest, what a shame you'll have all day to browse the forum!!!!

((Big hug!)))) :D

sorry to hear you were in hospital, glad everything is ok and your home tho

take it easy

xxx

I love my OH dearly, but he does something similar to yours with his 'man cold'.

I've slept badly through most of my pregnancy. I generally can't get to sleep before 2 or sometimes 3 in the morning and we both have to get up at 6.30 - 7 am most mornings. As work is a long way away (2 hours commute per day) I don't really get a chance to nap. You can imagine how exhausted I am most of the time.

My partner goes to bed earlier than me and almost always naps when he gets home from work. But if he has just one bad night - or misses his nap! - he'll be moaning about how terribly tired he is!! I just say 'tell me about it' and stare at him until he catches on...

AAAAGRH

Hope you're doing better now and that you can survive on frozen pizzas!!

LOL! Skidoo!men just do not get it!!! :shock: While my OH was moaning last night I ignored him and gave him no sympathy what so ever!! He made me laugh today, I asked him to do dinner again when he gets back which involves a baked potato each, he then proceeded to go silent and then asked how to bake a potato!!!ARGH!!!

Kelly- I was scared at one point that I was going into labour, but they checked my cervix twice while I was there and its closed and long, thankgod!! I love what your stepson says!Its so cute! My mum told me to keep my legs crossed to keep it in, but then again she used to say that to me before I was pregnant.......lol!!!! Thankyou for your hug :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back