Gyno app - anyone shed any light - I'm worried!

jussy

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for a while after 3 miscarriages but I'm feeling brave and wondering what the next stages might be?! I've just had blood tests and a swab and my husband has done a sperm test - all have come back fine (still waiting on swab results). I've been told that we will now have an app. with a gynaecologist - can anyone shed any light as to what will happen? I'm a little apprehensive and not sure what to expect. Thanks ladies x

Hiya Jussy
As the causes for RPL's can often be attributed to either Immunological,Anatomical, Chromosomal, Endocrinal causes...if your blood screens for hormonal, genetic karyotyping, immunne and chromosome tests have all come back clear, often the next step is to look for anatomical reasons as to why you have suffered repeat pregnancy losses.
-So at your next appointment expect to discuss options and possibly an Ultra sound scan. You may then discuss options such as Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy to check for things like blocked tubes etc...Usually a Laparoscopy is offered first as this is the least invasive I think of the three.
-You won't have any of those procedures until all your options have been discussed, then once you have discussed the options with your Consultant, you will get a referral for whatever procedure may be deemed necessary.

Lots of luck....Hope everything goes well!

I actually think laparoscopy is the most invasive of the three!

"A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile). During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall"

"Hysteroscopy uses a hysteroscope, which is a thin telescope that is inserted through the cervix into the uterus. Modern hysteroscopes are so thin that they can fit through the cervix with minimal or no dilation. "

"Laparoscopy is usually performed under general anesthesia; however it can be performed with other types of anesthesia that permit the patient to remain awake. The typical pelvic laparoscopy involves a small (1/2" to 3/4") incision in the belly button or lower abdomen. The abdominal cavity is filled with carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide causes the abdomen to swell which lifts the abdominal wall away from the internal organs, so the doctor has more room to work. Next, a laparoscope (a one-half inch fiber-optic rod with a light source and video camera) is inserted through the belly button. The video camera permits the surgeon to see inside the abdominal area on video monitors located in the operating room. "

I'm pretty sure your first appointment with the gynae won't be that involved and will mainly be history taking and basic tests to start with.

Goodluck honey

Thank you so much for your info ladies, I had no idea!
Fingers crossed - I'll update when the app comes through. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back