gym balls

LinsG

Reaction score
I've bought myself a gym ball thingy, as i've heard that just sitting on it is good for your pelvic floor. Is this right?

Also, what esle are you supposed to do on them? I've read a lot of girls in Tri 3 talking about them, is this to get baby lower down?

I know i sound dim but i honestly don't know!

Basic exercises on the gym ball are sitting straight (shoulders dropped, chest out, stomach slightly tensed (just enough to engage your muscles, don't squeeze), feet flat on floor (v important, make sure they don't move) and moving hips forward and back for a minute, then side to side, then round in a circle like elvis!

You can also just bounce, or another good one is walking your feet forward until your back rests on the ball. Don't worry - it won't come out from under you!

I was told that the best way to ensure your baby is in a good position is to spend time on hands and knees, so your stomach is like a comfy hammock for the baby to nestle into, away from your back. You could use the ball to support you when you do this.

And here's a link to some other good pregnancy exercises with the ball!

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/yourpregnancy/291

I used one for my last pregnancy. I used to sit on it rotating my hips one way then the other, sit leaning forward - this helps to keep the baby in a better position (i.e. not back to back), and i used to kneel on the floor and lean over it.

ooh will have to blow mine up. thanks for the link for exercises have printed it off for later on stages.

My hubby got me one. I haven't used it yet but it is supposed to be good for getting baby into the correct position, during labour and after birth to tone up and loose weight. xxx

I've read it's good for getting baby into the correct position too.

I bought one when I was around 12 weeks and have been using it as an office chair too. In the early stages it just helped me maintain a good posture but now it's very comfortable as I can widely open my legs and leave room for my growing bump - something i can't comfortably do with my normal office chair. I even prefer it to the sofa now, lol.

I also use it to do some of the exercises in my pre-natal yoga dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back