Gutted.... :-(

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Had my appointment this morning with the consultant and had my scan too. Oh the scan was fab :) We got to see our little girl's face and everything but the little mite wouldn't stay still enough "apparently" for the sonographer to take a picture (likely story). So... I'm gutted in that respect.

I did however have the results of my GTT which came back all clear so no diabetes for me which is good!!!

I have been informed however that our little girl has taken up all my iron resources so I am now anaemic and must take iron tablets for the next 3 months.

Baby is also measuring a little bigger than normal but nothing to worry about yet apparently and I am also carrying more water too which is why I am measuring bigger than I should be.

So all in all a fairly productive morning, just so gutted that I couldn't get a pic of my princess :-( xx

Last edited:
sounds like were having the same journey through pregnancy.. i had all those problems.. i had a 32 weeks scan were my little jack weighed 5lbs 2oz but ive got to go back on 36 weeks for my last scan..

i was gutted at my 32 weeks scan as jack was moving alot but he did eventually stop and when i asked for a picture she said "oh i didnt see anything worth printing".. other words she couldnt be bothered.. cow hehe..

Im now on iron tablets.. it took them 3 appointments to figure this out.. obviously they wasnt looking at notes properly.. but at least im all sorted now :) not long to go x

Glad the appointment went well but yeah that sucks not being able to get a picture! I'd be gutted too if I was looking forward to getting one. Main thing is bubs is doing well xx

Really glad all is going well and anaemia is being sorted x shame about the pic x

sounds like were having the same journey through pregnancy.. i had all those problems.. i had a 32 weeks scan were my little jack weighed 5lbs 2oz but ive got to go back on 36 weeks for my last scan..

i was gutted at my 32 weeks scan as jack was moving alot but he did eventually stop and when i asked for a picture she said "oh i didnt see anything worth printing".. other words she couldnt be bothered.. cow hehe..

Im now on iron tablets.. it took them 3 appointments to figure this out.. obviously they wasnt looking at notes properly.. but at least im all sorted now :) not long to go x

wow, it does sound very similar! they tend to leave me in the dark about various figures etc as they don't seem to be that bothered or worried so they just generalise with me at the moment. As this is my first, I get so overwhelmed by seeing our little girl on the scan questions go out of my head!

I have another scan in 4 weeks (32 weeks) so does this mean I will get another scan again then at 36 weeks? I do hope so :)

I'm so glad all is ok with you now and that they have finally sorted you out with tablets and yes... not long for you now hun :) xx

Glad the appointment went well but yeah that sucks not being able to get a picture! I'd be gutted too if I was looking forward to getting one. Main thing is bubs is doing well xx

thanks hunni :) yeah in general appointment went really well - just a shame i've got to wait another 4 weeks to get another pic now... but yes, main thing is she is doing great :) and she is giving my insides a good battering as I type this now so she's having a ball in there lol xx

glad you got the anemia sorted ready for birth, shame about a piccy, I bet they have a quota that there supposed to give out,but I bet you wouldn't have minded paying for it tho

At the hospital im at we have to pay for out piccies £5 each !! Im glad the scan went well shame about the pic though xx

Can i ask why you have extra scans ? i thought we only got one at 12 and at 20 weeks and that was it ? Ive got my 28 week consultant appointment tomorrow and just thinking if its the norm to get a scan then i mite get one too which will make me :) x

P.S. At my hospital, its £4 a photo. Ur lucky if they r free.

Can i ask why you have extra scans ? i thought we only got one at 12 and at 20 weeks and that was it ? Ive got my 28 week consultant appointment tomorrow and just thinking if its the norm to get a scan then i mite get one too which will make me :) x

P.S. At my hospital, its £4 a photo. Ur lucky if they r free.

lol i wish the scan pics were free, there £5 each, not even one free...

the extra scans are growth scans, you are given these if the hospital are worried the baby is going to be to small..

so ur lucky u havent got extra scans.. no car parking fees x

I have a scan ecery week and dont get a picture because they onyl give you one a 12 weeks and 20 weeks "usually" as any other scan is for medial reasons must admit been lucky I have 27 scan pics in total but now it doesnt bother me as I know it is purley for the babys health I get a scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back