Gutted...

Rowesb

Reaction score
even if Pip turns a home birth is out of the question.

When I reentered community MW care I was hoping that I would be able to get a home birth, I like the idea of being in my own environment and think I would have felt safer and more comfortable.

The way that the cover works means that if my old MW is on call then she would be the one looking after me, something that destroys that above illusion... it would not be good for me, DH or her

Am seriously gutted, even though I always knew it would be a long shot :cry:

Oh no - is that because you have had problems with her? Sorry I don't follow :hug: Im not being insensitive I hope :hug: x

not at all RM, yeah, problems in that I don't trust her communication after 'forgetting' to tell HV that 1st pregnancy MC and then with missing that I have had cervical issues that really should have been referred to the antenatal clinic in 1st tri. and taking 18 days to return a message when I had extreme cramping in first tri...

I cannot believe that the care I ended up getting through the MC has affected the care I have got through this pregnancy so much... if that woman hadn't cocked up my care ans experience would have been so different

is a private midwife an option hun? Thats such a shame how that woman seems to be ruining everything :( :hug:

Surely there are a few midwifes on call in the area for home births? i no you have to have 2 at the birth so surely theres not just gonna be 1 about x

Oh hun i'm so sorry to hear this it's crap, I was too scared to opt for a home birth and now the time is approaching I wish I had have. Are you going to have pip at the LGI, thats where i'm booked in so i'm hoping it will be ok there x

is a private midwife an option hun? Thats such a shame how that woman seems to be ruining everything :( :hug:

no cash to do that with :(

Surely there are a few midwifes on call in the area for home births? i no you have to have 2 at the birth so surely theres not just gonna be 1 about x

each area is relatively small from what I can gather, so they just have 2 for each area...

Oh hun i'm so sorry to hear this it's crap, I was too scared to opt for a home birth and now the time is approaching I wish I had have. Are you going to have pip at the LGI, thats where i'm booked in so i'm hoping it will be ok there x

am hoping to use the home from home room as second best option, they seemed nice on delivery suite when I went in cos Pip hadn't moved for a bit and again when we had the tour a few weeks back... When did you get so close to you due date Katiejane????

I don't know why I am so surprised or gutted, I did always know that a home birth was a long shot...

Oh I haven't seen the delivery suite, so glad they seem nice. I'm hoping the will have a birthing pool available. I know its gone quick in some ways, it could be any day now and he seems to be starting to show signs of moving so hopefully not long now. It will be you and pip before you know it xx

Sorry your not getting your home birth - seems really unfair that someones incompetence has put you off. Glad they have a home from home room though - what a good idea xxxx

Im sorry about that - you must feel very let down by her. I hope that your birth experience is amazing :hug:

I was bitterly disappointed to be told that I wouldnt be able to labour in the water due to needing to be constantly monitored - however, I plan to negotiate..

RM hope i'm not being nosey here and i'm sorry to hear they've said you can't give birth in the water like you wanted, but why have they said no to a water birth for you? I thought it was possible to be monitered in the water? I was hoping for a water birth, or at least to be in water during some of the labour as i've read this helps people with SPD. I remember you saying you had SPD last time, did you use water during your previous labour? It had occurred to me that a birthing pool might not be availible when the time comes and its a bit pot luck, but I hadn't even considered that they might refuse people water births. I suddenly feel very underprepared and unorganised, and haven't had chance to discuss it with MW because out of the last four appointments she's been there once! Any advice or information would be very much appreciated xx

I think RM is 'not allowed' a waterbirth due to possible complications with a previous section :( which is rubbish because waterbirths are really good for women in that position, the hospital are just looking at it logistically and 'if theres a problem how will we get her out of the water' kind of thing, rather than necessarly whats best for the mother

its much easier to mointor people when they arent in a pool!

As for wanting a waterbirth, i dont know how it works round your parts KJ but round here when i said i wanted to birth in the water they told me that would be easiest to achieve at home, there are only a few birthing pools at the hospital so its much easier for them to book one in with you at home and then you know you have one!

As for going into hospital, i think it is really pot luck... you might be lucky enough to get one but you might not

I have my booking in appointment today where they will give the nod or the frown about me having a homebirth - fingers crossed!

I would phone the maternity suite at the hospital and ask the likelyhood of you being able to get in the water, also maybe go and have a look around, that is going to give you the best idea of whats avaliable to you and what sort of people you are dealing with!

If you have any trouble, speak to AIMs... they are really good at telling you what your rights are and stuff

best of luck KJ - not long to go now!!

LGI have 2 pools Katiejane, did you not get to go round on your antenatal classes? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back