Gunky eye

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Think o has conjunctivitis poor dude! Been cleaning It with cooled boiled water and cotton wool but it gunks back up straight away :-(

Trip to doc on Monday me thinks x

Sophie has a bit of a gunky eye that she gets when she's cried. Ive found doing the cooled boiled water made it worse and more gunkier do I've left it and it seems to be cleaning up x

She's at the doctors for her jabs next week anyway so im going to get them to look at it but it seems to have stopped weeping loads!

Vince had it and we used boiled water on it, but it did take ages to go away.

I was told a few yrs back that using breast milk to clean bubs eye clears up conjunctivitis

Pretty sure it was a HV who told me too, may be worth a try? xx

Lexi always gets a gunky eye when she has a cold, i bath it and it does go eventually but it can take a while x x

Have you suffered with thrush whilst pregnant? It is one of the main causes of gunkie eyes in babies. I think you should stick with the cool boiled water and remember to clean from the outside of the eye in towards the tear duct otherwise your just spreading the infection. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know xxxx

Have you suffered with thrush whilst pregnant? It is one of the main causes of gunkie eyes in babies. I think you should stick with the cool boiled water and remember to clean from the outside of the eye in towards the tear duct otherwise your just spreading the infection. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know xxxx

I never knew that! Good to know!

Dylan gets a gunky eye sometimes. Mws recommeneed breast milk. Feels wrong squirting him in the eye but works! Clean with cotton wool and milk then put a,little milk in like a drop. X

Hollie has had a blocked tear duct since she was born - it flares up now and again, morsel if she's been crying, and gets a bit gunky x

When it does, I used warm boiled water, add some salt to make saline solution and it clears up well xx I've also used breast milk and both work just as well as the other IMO x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back