Gunky eye?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Poppy has had a gunky eye since birth and the midwife said it should go away on its own. She's 2 weeks old now and it seems to have gotten worse - in the morning she can't open it properly cos its dried up & gone crusty. I feel so sorry for her, it looks sore. We've been using cooled boiled water and cotton wool to clean it. We can't get her in at the doctors today so OH is off to the chemist to see if they can give us something. Does anyone have any other suggestions until we can fit her in at the doctors?

I don't have any suggestions but my Lo had it for about 4 weeks, it is normal. I just used water like you and it had days where it was worse but it isn't anything to worry about.

I think I can remember charley having it too for the 1st few weeks and used cooled boiled water on it.
He has had conjunctivitis too but he was around 5 months old then (he put a rusk in his eye! Lol) they gave me drops to put in them and it cleared up straight away.

my health visitor told me to put breast milk on it lol but lo had it for about 4 weeks took her to dr he took a swab by time swab came back to say she had infection it had cleared up lol

Brooke is the same Lulu, we've been using breast milk too and it seems to be working x

Thanks girls, will definitely try the breast milk! x

ewan had this and we used salt sterile water, seem to help x

its cud be a infection but with baba being so young cud just be unformed tear duct my lil one had this and was his right eye all really gunkey but it did eventually get better and not had any problems since he was 2 months old i just percieverd with the cooled water and cotton wool xx

Sophia had it lots at first too, and I was told about breastmilk as well!

We had this with Devon, at that age - and the chemist said due to age there was nothing to give, non prescription- so we stuck with the cooled boiled water which we were doing already, but I'd wanted tok nipp it in the bud thinking it was conjunctivtus as that gets going quickly, but it all sorted it self out but wish I'd have known about that at the time, funny what BF milk does

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back