GTT

kellie80

Reaction score
Got to go for my Gloucose tolenence test tomorrow cos i missed my last one. Can't remember what i have to do before it, she said to fast from 12 tonight ,i know this sounds a bit thick but does that include drinks too?

im sure water is fine?

dunno though!?

i was told clear fluids was all i was allowed - water then :)

ewww - took ages to get the nasty taste of the gloucose drink out of my mouth! made me want to gag :puke:

Good luck!

kellie80 said:
Got to go for my Gloucose tolenence test tomorrow cos i missed my last one. Can't remember what i have to do before it, she said to fast from 12 tonight ,i know this sounds a bit thick but does that include drinks too?

Ive just been to the hospital this AM and booked my test (for Jan!!!!) and the told me the following

Nothing after 9pm the night before EXCEPT water. Do not add anything (cordial etc) to the water, do not suck on anything (to which I smirked, then she cottoned on and said that would be OK, with out actually saying ''what' would be ok :rotfl: )
So basically water only kidda!

Does everyone have to do this test, is it a routine thing??

Cos the MW hasnt mentioned it to me? :think:

JaidyBaby said:
Does everyone have to do this test, is it a routine thing??

Cos the MW hasnt mentioned it to me? :think:

I had one becuase of my BMI. They only offer it to those who have diabities in the family, or to those with a higher BMI.

When is this normally done? My MW said I probably need one because of my PCOS, but I son't know if I was supposed to make an appointment or not? I'm not seeing her again until 25 weeks.

maybebaby said:
When is this normally done? My MW said I probably need one because of my PCOS, but I son't know if I was supposed to make an appointment or not? I'm not seeing her again until 25 weeks.

the leaflet i was given says if you have had it before it will be done during the 20th week. Hte majority of women have the test done during the 28th week

Oh, and the reasons listed where :

Glucose in your urine
previous baby over 8lb 13oz
overweight
previous gestational diabetes
Polycystic ovary syndrome
previous stillbirth
famly history of diabetes

samrbtson said:
Oh, and the reasons listed where :

Glucose in your urine
previous baby over 8lb 13oz
overweight
previous gestational diabetes
Polycystic ovary syndrome
previous stillbirth

I havent had/got any of those (so far) so im assuming thats why its not been mentioned, ta Sam!

Yeh Im having it as I have the following 2 things

overweight

Im having it on 18th Jan (although the Dr wanted it on 8th but there were no appts) so if i had it when I was supposed to I would be...............25 and 1/2 weeks

Oh and the Dr told me that at some point in the near future they were making it a compulsary test anyway as so many pregnant women get diabeties, but she didnt say or know when!

I've got to have the test because i have a high BMI, i think its if its over 30 or 35 but not to sure, it must be a new thing if your overweight cos i never had it with Aimee and i was the same weight then and that was only last year. I was ment to have the test at 24 weeks but missed the appointment.

kellie80 said:
I've got to have the test because i have a high BMI, i think its if its over 30 or 35 but not to sure, it must be a new thing if your overweight cos i never had it with Aimee and i was the same weight then and that was only last year. I was ment to have the test at 24 weeks but missed the appointment.

Yeh mine was the same really cause my BMI was 36 and I think it had to me 34 or 32 or less cant remember which but effectivly having a high BMI is overweight, they just use BMI more to calculate stuff these days than actual body weight on its own

No worries girlies. If you want, i am happy to scan the leaflet i was given and send it to those who want to read it. Just PM me :)

I have to go to the same ward to get my daily trace done as the women
who have their GTT's doen, and it is easily 4-7 a day. doesn't suprise me if they do offer it to everyone.

My BMI was 34, but i had the midwives saying they are going to send me for the test, and the doc's saying they wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back