• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GTT this morning...ouch!

inky

Reaction score
I had my GTT test this morning, I thought it was 2 blood tests but it was 3! My veins didn't want to play along - 1st test took 2 attempts in 1 arm, 2nd test took 3 attempts and both arms and 3rd test took 4 attempts in both arms. My right arm looks alright apart from the needle marks but my left arm already has 2 big bruises on it....

the drink was horrible too, like thin, runny but very sweet honey...nothing nice about this morning whatsoever lol, although I did get the chance to sit and read a book for 2 hours although it was bloody hard not to nod off lol!

Anyone else had this test? What were your results? The nurse said it seems to be quite a 'trendy' test at the moment and that midwives are asking lots of their patients to have it done. The only reason I had to have it is because my Dad was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was a little boy - as far as I know my blood sugar has always been fine but better safe than sorry I guess....

How comes they done 3? Im having this done in 4weeks and im having 2blood tests. 1st one without food and water + normal blood tests for pregnancy and 2nd after the glucose drink (but iv been told i can have lucozade instead) im worried about the whole 2hour doing nothin lol i cant read for that long im gonna get too bored lol x

I thought it was only going to be 2 as well, but I had a test when I got there followed by the drink, another test an hour later and then a third test an hour after that. I had to fast overnight too, was bloody starving by the time I got home hehe!

Ooh. I no im deff having 2 as this letter says i have the drink then do nothing for 2 hours then they take another blood sample then i can leave. Maybe you had the 1 in between because its for diabetes in the family where as mines for having a "big baby" 1st time around x

i said NOOOOOO when i researched it a bit, they wanted to look for glucose intollerance but they check for that in your wee samples anyway! just another excuse to stick a needle in me arm No Thank You!

Bigbump they check for sugar in your urine which has many different causes and thats y its not used to see if you have diabetes anymore. x

I am having this done in July. I too have to fast over night then have a blood test done at 9am, drink the sweet drink, then wait around for 2 hrs then have another one done. Hmmm...sounds proper boring!!!

I'm having in done on Friday and I TOTALLY HATE honey!!!!! Oh well...

I had one of these. Consistanty finding sugar in my urine even when Ive had a piece of granary bread with flora and water I had quite high sugar, so I got rushed off for one and my blood sugars were perfectly fine aparently. Not even borderline. Noone really knows why but every time I see a new midwife/doctor they have a mini heart attack at my urine sample. Im probably gonna be sent for another cos my GP cant believe it. Im a right wierdo!

I thought the liquid tasted like unset green jelly. It was more than I thought it would be too. I only had 2 blood tests, dunno why you had 3, was it 1 every hour?

Yes, one every hour, and becks you're right, I had to have to the test because my dad has type 1 diabetes and my aunt and cousin developed gestational diabetes. My urine's always been fine so to be honest I'll be surprised if it comes back positive, like you said BigBump, just another excuse to stick (9 in total this morning thank to my stupid veins!) another needle in your arm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back