GRRRRR Boys clothes V's Girls Clothes

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
This is a bit of a rant but Im sick of going clothes shopping for Jake and having to battle my way through acres of girls clothes only to be presented with only 1 or 2 rails of boys clothes :wall: Ohhh and dont even get me started on shoes- I dont want Spiderman or Bob the fecking Builder trainers :shakehead:

i was the same when kieron was little and it annoyed me to death, i always found myself shopping in sports shops

If its any consolation, there may be 2 rails of girls stuff but it is 98% flouncy frilly pink stuff which makes me itch. Have you tried h&m, they do great clothes for both boys and girls and its really good value too

i find matalan ok for boys stuff, h&m by me is really exspensive went in there today for a look and they wanted £7 for a shirt in babies yet my mate brought loads in there for her little girl the other day and only spent a tenna as it was on sale they never seem to have baby/toddler boys on sale :(
if you dont mind doing online shopping vertbeut (i think thats how its spelt) have a great collection of boys bit but i ind it does come up very small
xx

asda and tesco are my best shops for boys stuff.

i dont seem to have a problem , even if there isnt much i always find it !

matalan , asda , tesco , primark , BHS , and next ( but tbh i cant afford next and buy it 2nd hand off ebay or in sales :rotfl: )

as for trainers , sportsworld direct or jd sports online !

I find this problem with having a girl though.

Seems to be loads of smart boys stuff and then the little girls stuff they actually have are horrible!

You should come shop in stoke and i'll come to shop where you live.

Jade89 said:
I find this problem with having a girl though.

Seems to be loads of smart boys stuff and then the little girls stuff they actually have are horrible!

You should come shop in stoke and i'll come to shop where you live.

Same here! Loads of boys stuff but nothing if you don't want your daughter in pink.

Adams is good, but I do agree... I was in Primark the other day with Adele and I was like ok so heres your masses of girls clothes and I'll just go stand by this one rail... :wall:

Asda is alright too come to think of it, but trainers everywhere are rubbish. Who really thinks a 1 year old is going to be into spiderman or whatever? And what's with there being no size 4's anywhere... sometimes there are early walkers ya know, and where do you get their shoes? :shakehead:

Bugs me too. There are more colours in the w world for kids clothes than pnk and blue...

Don't get me started on the pink thing..I don't mind pink in moderation, but everything nowadays seems to be covered in frills,sequins and "Little Princess"

pumpkin patch is brilliant for kida clothes and hardly ever actually stock pink or baby blue , but its so expensive i only treat him from there if its in the sale :oops: but i just love there clothes !

s722426749_979985_7689.jpg
s722426749_711596_551.jpg

zebrastripes said:
Don't get me started on the pink thing..I don't mind pink in moderation, but everything nowadays seems to be covered in frills,sequins and "Little Princess"

+1

i always well prefer the boy stuff - its well cooler and comfortable. hate pink frilly crap. lol.*

no woner hannah getys mistaken as a boy ALL THE TIME* heheee

I am getting fed up of it too. I always seem to have my DS in jeans. The only thing that makes him look different is a t shirt that isn't all that nice.

The only things that you seem to get a good selection of are, babygrows and bodysuits.

I have found that Asda is the best place to get different t shirts at a good price. We just bought 2 in the night garden ones for £8. xxx

I've found with girls clothes that they are quite old fashioned patterns like wallpaper print. There is nothing girly in blue. My OH is fed up of seeing her in pink. She has jeans but that's it.

Same here :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

My mum was in America and she said there are HUGE shops just of girls clothes and nothing like that for boys :(

I find it goes in waves around here. When I was expecting William it was all girls clothes and when i was expecting Sophie all I could find was nice boys things. x

LOL the grass is always greener on the other side eh?

I get very sick of the pink frilly stuff too, I love the some of the retro prints that are about though, Mothercare seemed to have some nice boys things at the mo when we were there on Sat. Think there is a 10% discount voucher you can print off at the moment too

I am getting fed up of it too. I always seem to have my DS in jeans. The only thing that makes him look different is a t shirt that isn't all that nice.

The only things that you seem to get a good selection of are, babygrows and bodysuits.

I have found that Asda is the best place to get different t shirts at a good price. We just bought 2 in the night garden ones for £8. xxx

I've found with girls clothes that they are quite old fashioned patterns like wallpaper print. There is nothing girly in blue. My OH is fed up of seeing her in pink. She has jeans but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back