Growth Scans

Cheryl19

Reaction score
Just curious as to how accurate growth scans are?
Iv just had a 32 week one n my lil lady is showing at 4lbs 7oz

I'm not sure tbh. I had one on Wednesday and the baby's head showed 38 weeks. I think it was a thigh bone that showed 34 weeks and something else at 33 weeks. Saw a consultant afterwards and he said the baby's growth had slowed down. So nerd another scan in a couple of weeks xx

I think they're a bit hit and miss to be honest with regard to estimated weight. I had one a day before I had my daughter by C-section and was told she'd be roughly 4lb 9oz - when she was weighed the following day she was 3lb 11oz.

I had a growth scan at 38 wks due to gd. Estimated him at 7lb 10oz - he was born at 39+4 so 11 days later weighing 7lb 12.5ozs so mine was pretty spot on. But i have heard that scans can be quite out in some cases x

I had 2 growth scans with my LB..
Cant remember the measurements or est weight on the 1st scan, was at 33wks i think.

But he had another at 36+3...

His weight at this scan was est at 7lb 5oz from the following:
BPD 39+6
HC 37+6
AC 38+5
FL 39+3

He arrived 41+3 10 days overdue weighing 9lb 9.5oz

My doctors have told me there is a 10% discrepancy either way but I have also read this can be as much as 20%.

I've had 2 growth scans so far and am having a third in Monday. It's obviously quite a tricky thing and can depend on the skill of the sonographer as well as babies position at the time.

I had one at 35wks and they said he was 8'14 7wks later he came out he was 8'7 xx

Thanks for the reply ladies ��
Im not going to get my hope up for a chubby baby now then haha my previous 3 have all been under 8lbs and i thought was abit big for this baby to be 4lb 7oz at 32 weeks!

Ahhh i guess only time will tell :p

I thought 4lbs at 33 weeks was fairly normal ?

Yeah but all my babies have been small, i had my last baby at 34 weeks and he was only 4lb 2oz x

It was pretty accurate for one of my twins but my other was a good bit less than had been charted. Don't completely take it as it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back