what happens with big babies?

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Since I found out I was measuring 33 wks at 28wks , I've been wondering what happens if the growth of LO stays at the same rate.
Would they send me for growth scans etc? and if they think it will be to big for me to deliver naturally would they deliver me before my EDD ?
Just really curious :think:

hi hun hannah was etimated at about 12lb and they said they wouldnt deliver her early its only because i got ill that they deliverd her it was nothing to do with her size

when i was having nathan i was measuring about 6 weeks ahead so mw sent me to hozzy to see consultant saying i would probally get a growth scan. i didn't she just had a good feel and said she didn't see the point of doing a scan. there was never any metion of him being big again till his head was born and his shoulders got stuck. mw was like 'oooh we have a big baby here' he wasn't massive at 9lb 5oz but he was very broad and had a big head. unless babys measuring really huge i can't see them doing anything.

Hi Hun,

I think it depends on your area / midwifes.

My sister in law was measuring big all the way through. They only did a scan at about 39 weeks and then realsied the baby was big and it wasn't fluid. So a couple of days later she had to have a cesarean. They advised her against a natural birth. As it turned out her little boy Max was a whopping 11lb 1oz, so i doubt he would have come out any other way!

She was in a different borough to me though and my midwifes have said here they just leave you to see what happens.

My baby is measuring about 4 weeks bigger and they have made me a consultant appointment wednesday to discuss the size! I am hoping they'll do another scan and see how big he is now. At 36 he measured 40 weeks.

I will post and let you know what they say :)

Laura
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back