Had my follow up growth scan today

Katy_89

Reaction score
Sorry I don't come on here too often nowadays, I thought I would update anyway though incase anyone was wondering :oops:

Scan showed that baby has grown :yay: he's still below the 10th centile but is following his own growth pattern for the centile he's on.

Scan also showed that fluid levels are low, so I need that monitoring now too.

Consultant was a really nice guy, told me that if I have ketones at home again and labour ward say to see GP then just tell them he said I have to go in for fluids and turn up. He said that without the sickness he would just say to keep scanning weekly and see how baby and fluid go. However with my constant puking he thinks it's about time we started thinking about getting baby out.

He didn't think I was favourable for sweep or induction today, so I have a follow up appointment on Sat to scan and check fluid levels again, and to monitor baby's HB for a while.

Then on Tues I've to go back to his clinic, possibly have another scan and he will do an internal and see if I'm able to be given a sweep, if not he'll consider inducing then. He said that with me having low energy levels with being so sick he doesn't want to induce me too early if my body isn't ready because he doesn't want it to end in an emergency C-section, so that's good because I don't really want an emergency section either.

Looks my LO will definitely be here by his due date, if not before :) xx

Its good that they are keeping such a good watch over you hun. I hope all goes well at your appointments.

You still being sick all the time? xx

You are getting brillinat care - glad all is going well with his growth. Good luck :) xx

Its good that they are keeping such a good watch over you hun. I hope all goes well at your appointments.

You still being sick all the time? xx

Yeah, everything I eat and most of what I drink :(

Got really annoyed because twice this week (sat night and mon night) my ketones had gone up to +++ or ++++ which means I need a drip and I felt awful, so I phoned labour ward and both times was told basically that they weren't interested. Monday I was told to wait until today, Sat I was told to wait until my GP opened on Monday. So was starting to feel really fed up. Glad the consultant was nice or I think I'd have possibly ended up having a breakdown like I almost did on Monday after the MW on the phone said it was a shame I had morning sickness :wall2::wall2:xx

Aww hun :hug: sorry to hear you are having such a bad time
I'm glad they are looking more closely at you.
Keep us updated xx

:yay: Soon to meet your little man hun xxxx

aww its great hun that hes going to monitor you... im still being sick too but they dont seem that bothered and my fluid is reducing ... our cases sound quite similar!!! :D wonder who goes first?!?! :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back