Gro bags / sleeping bags

Bugsy

Reaction score
Looking at buying a couple of gro bags (or cheaper alternative) but not sure what tog to buy?

I'm having a summer baby (July) so would people recommend the 1 tog or 2.5 tog?

Generally 1 tog is recommended for summer, 2.5 tog for winter x

Check the labels first as most of them are not suitable until the baby is over a certain weight (it was 10lb back when I had mine, might be less now, but either way you should check they are safe for newborns).

I'd go with a lighter weight tog as you are better doing layers with babies (vest and sleepsuit) so they shouldn't need a thick/warm one.

But maybe get some blankets for the first few weeks just in case it's warm and look at using the gro bags when it starts getting cooler.

I received a couple as gifts but I also see these quite often in tkmaxx. Mine came with a thermometer and guide as to which ones to use, I was given a regular one and a travel one -both light weight/tog I just can't remember the number.

I think the travel one is designed to let you put them straight to bed if they have fallen asleep in the car.

I think I got some cheaper sleep bags from places like ASDA they do lovely plain ones or some disney. Id love getting him matching pjs with his sleep bag. Sad. :lol:

What the girls have said really. Although I think I had one from 10lb because I remember Jackson in his from although not looked in ages at sizes.

xxxx

I received a couple as gifts but I also see these quite often in tkmaxx. Mine came with a thermometer and guide as to which ones to use, I was given a regular one and a travel one -both light weight/tog I just can't remember the number.

I think the travel one is designed to let you put them straight to bed if they have fallen asleep in the car.

They're not great tbh, they create too much padding for the car seats... Same as you shouldn't put a child in a caraway in a thick coat or a snowsuit

I loved my grobags when sofia was a baby, I will no doubt be swaddling this baby because that is what I did with sofia and she slept like a dream for a good month being swaddled... and then I moved to grow bags I think (can't actually remember) and I loved them so much! She always slept very well in them and stuff so I will get one or two. Tk maxx always had nice ones which is where i bought them from last time.

I think as baby is due august I will assume it will be wintery before a grobag is used so I will get the 2.5 tog one xx

I would definitely just get one to try at first - my dd couldn't stand anything like that and we'd bought a few in advance so was such a waste!! Xxx

Good thread - was wondering about the sleeping bag type things myself. I have a friend with 2 kids who swears by them! ;-)

Good thread - was wondering about the sleeping bag type things myself. I have a friend with 2 kids who swears by them! ;-)

I did love mine for sofia... they were really handy but some babies just don't like them apparently.... I think I will try them again! xx

I more like the safety feature of them.

I dunno how many times I found Jackson with his cellular over his face which was quite frightening.

So to go to sleep at night knowing he wasnt going to pull his blankies over his face was a relief :lol:

xxxx

Luke kept kicking his blankets off and woke up because he was cold so that's why we used them. They're Fab
if they like them

Yeah I guess I was lucky he liked them.

I guess all babies are diff, some even only tummy sleep!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back