great first shoes

melhoney

Reaction score
I just got these squeaker shoes from ebay, and they are absolutely fabulous!!! maheen LOVES them, keeps on asking for them, and as she is not walking yet (16 months, but bottom shuffler!!!!!!!! :roll: ), it's great to see her enjoying standing up and walking with them!!!
They are cute as well, check out on this:

http://www.bambinishoes.co.uk/section/6/1/first_shoes

They look very comfy as well, and it's really fun to see my little girl taping her feet on the florr all giggling to get a squeak out! :lol:

Mel xx

have just ordered some for Harley - thanks :D

Harley is14 months and wont walk so he might like these lol

bet they drive me mad once he is walking lol

grrrrrrrrrr just went to order Dior some but they only go up to a 7 :(
they say 2 - 4 yr olds

Dior cant be the same shoe size as the average 5 yr old :lol:

she is size 8

yea, it can get a little bit irritating, but at the moment, i just enjoy seeing her enjoying...if you see what I mean :) :D

How are you, Dionne? I haven't been around for such a long time!!!! :oops: I am catching up slowly :sleep:

Mel xx

the squeaking wont bother me with Harley as he only walks round the furniture so i will really enjoy hearing it but if Dior had them it prob would start driving me mad

which ones has maheen got?

are they cheaper on ebay, cant find them.

and i am fine thanks :D glad to see you and maheen back :)

Yea, i got them off ebay, they were £10 starting price, but they don't have any on ebay at the moment...it will probably come back, though if you search for squeaky shoes you will find some, by another (or same) company. even for boys 9just checked!!!)
I bought the red one with the white butterfly on, because I wanted red shoes (I LOVE red!!!).

Maheen also walks around furniture, she is very confident, she also walks if we hold one hand, and we know that she could do it on her own, but she just lacks confidence to let go!!! tonight, she managed to stand up without holding on something for half a minute, which IS an achievment for her!!!!! :dance:

I :pray: for it to be soon, when she walks by herself, my back won't survive much longer!!!

take care,
Mel xx

they came yesterday they are great sooooooo cute Dior wonts them but they only go up to 7 she is 8 :(

Harley is to busy crying with laughter that he cant walk hahahaha

will have to record him soooo cute

he jumps in them and laughs so much

Very sweet...book marked the site for future use.
I'm still buying little cute pre-walkers!! :)

oh that's great, Dionne! :D

maheen just won't wear any other shoes at the moment, I am gonna buy her some more, she has very small feet (like her mum! :oops: ), she is a 4.5 at 16 months!!!!!! :shhh: Don't tell anyone! I am a 3 (I mean not a baby 3, but you know what I mean...) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mel xx

you shouldn't put you kids in shoes until they have walked 20 steps for around 3 weeks . the bones in babies feet are very soft and putting them in shoes before they need them could permantantly damage them . the best way to encourage your baby to walk is to leave them bare footed.
also shoes for kids should ideally be fitted by a professional.

the shoes are cute though - but i can resist the seduction of them. :lol:

what do you mean by 20 steps for around 3 weeks?

Maheen walks this happily, even more, but not on her own, either crusing, or holding the tip of my finger...what do you say? Does it count?

Mel xx

oh yes, don't get me wrong, I was just confirming what you said, because I wasn't actually sure what you meant. Most of the time, Maheen is bear foot anyway, she only wears shoes to go from home to car and vice versa :) once she is inside, home, nursery, wherever, she takes them off as well as her socks! and makes me smell them!!!!!!!! :doh: :roll: :rotfl:

Thanks for the link :)

mel xx

that sounds a bout right. you pay all that money for sheos and they just rip them off as soon as they know how!! :rotfl:

he walked round toys are us holding my hand Kris walked of the other way but found us easily :lol:

i now what your saying about shoes budge, i have always been the same but then why would clarks sell cruisers?

i got Harleys as he is in the garden loads and he gets scabs and grazes all over his little feet.

I don't like cruisers either.
However they are soft leather unlike proper leather shoes so the feet are a little less restricted in them.
the reason clarks sell them?? simple To get money from people. Cruiser shoes are unnecessary

im so picky wen it come to getting B shoes, we have a history of feet problems in my family and im proberbly worrying for no reason but he only has clarks shoes and then only has them on wen were out or in garden etc as soon as we come home the does come off

Sorry but I am so, so put off over having so called professionaly fitted shoes...Grrr makes me so angry!!!
Charlie has been walking from 12 months and we had his first shoes fitted at the Startrite stand at the NEC B'HamBabyshow. Anyway, after a week the velcro kept popping open, had them checked at a local shop to be told they were too small and they were pre-walkers when he can confidently walk so they were completely the wrong shoes...God did I feel guilty!!!!
Startrite Head Office sent us a voucher to take to a local Startrite fitter for a replacement pair and apologised. The woman in the shop said that Startrite shoes would be no good so she said she would cash the voucher with Startrite, we paid and additional £12 cash and he was fitted a pair of BabyBotte boots. A week later and they had rubbed both feet so badly they have scarred!!! He was crying for a couple of nights everytime he turned over cos his feet hurt so much. Took them back, got a refund as she tried to blame me for not fitting them tight enough with the buckle which I argued about, then tried to blame my childminder for the same thing even though it was a weekend when it happened and then discovered a bump in the stitching on both shoes so they were faulty!!!
She tried everything to find an alternative until I demanded money back but she gave me the damn voucher and £12 cash back instead. Left the shop in tears and got a refund for the voucher from Startrite.
Sorry to go on but I know whats right for my son and I fit him in wide fitting trainers and shoes and physically check they fit correctly....sometimes a mother knows best :dance:

In reply to Dionne about Harley wearing shoes we were the same with Charlie as he is with a Childminder and he was always in the garden crawling so we used to buy the pram type leather crawling shoes to protect his toes....didnt want to run the risk of torn socks and battered toes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back