Graveyard Chic

star fish

Reaction score
We back on to a graveyard that hasnt been used in 60 years and that goes back to early 1800's. I was walking through it yesterday enjoying the woods in Autumn when i suddenly noticed how familiar all the names were. In the plot I was standing I found 11 graves with Florence, 6 of Violet, 6 of Beatrice and 2 of Esme. They were all born around 1910

I thought "I've read all these names somewhere very recently" then i found it!

Fastest rising girls names of 2010

1. Florence
  2. Lucie
  3. Lacey
  4. Esme
  5. Elena
  6. Lucia
  7. Beatrice
  8. Violet
  9. India
  10. Frankie

It must be a 100 year rule?!

Whoo hooo laceys number 3!!! The name was never heard of when I had her 4years ago! Now I know of at least 5 people with the name!!

I love esme, gorgeous name. Must go in cycles :)

We were going to call Cahal Violet if he was a girl, also the middle name would have been Florence but that was after my Nan

oh wow,

were thinkin of Layla or Oliver for our little one, i like the kinda unpopularity of them both, cos me n OHs were 1 of a few Amy & Craigs in our classes at school, lol
xxx

How spooky! I love beatrice and Florence

I love the name Layla.. unfortunately we called our dog that so is out of question for baby! xx

Funnily enough, I was thinking about doing that the other day!

I'd been watching a programme about Edgar Allen Poe, and was wondering about old fashioned names, and the best place to find them - the graveyard seemed an obvious, if not slightly weird, conclusion.

Isn't odd how names fall in and out of fashion though, eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back