Grapes and Cherry Tomatoes?

Foxxi

Reaction score
I bought some grapes and cherry tomatoes today for Fynn to try... but, how do I give them to him?

Do I have to peel them? Do I have to chop them in half or quarters?

Iv never tried finger foods yet.. and tbh im struggling as to what to give him! :?

Oh. and can I give him cheese triangles?.. could I spread a cheese triangle on toast mayby?

sorry for the daft questions.. but when it comes to finger food, I really havent got a clue! :oops:

Please help :)

Hi Foxxi,

I half grapes and cherry toms and give them to DD - she loves them - big smiles! I don't peel them, but do find she'll chew (no teeth yet) on them for about 10 minutes (seriously, v. slow eater) and then spit out the skin - she's got all the nice juicey bits but doesn't eat the skin usually (occassionally does). Blueberries are also a good one and help develop the pincer grip.

I don't use cheese triangles (was a bit suspicious about how much salt and other stuff was in them), but I do spread cream cheese on toast or pitta fingers - she loves that too! For other finger foods, why not try ricecakes (can get baby sized ones), breadsticks, steamed veg fingers, steamed broccolli florets, sandwiches, anything chip shaped really - at his age, your LO may struggle to pick up grapes and cherry toms - he likely won't have developed his pincer grip yet, but will be better picking up chip shaped things.

Hope that helps!

Valentine Xxx

I never peeled things like tomatoes and grapes i just chopped them in half when Thea was Fynn's age.

Cheese triangles on toast cut into squares or soilders is normally a big hit with babies :)

I don't think you need to peel them, I never did. I used to chop them in half when Harrison was Fynn's age. You can spread cheese triangles on bread fingers, toast fingers, pitta bread, rice cakes. Anything really :)

Thanx for the advice and tips girls...I dunno what I'd do without this forum sometimes! :D

I have another question... Im gonna also try Fynn with some toast on a morning... do I give him this on his tray to eat himself instead of me giving him his weetabix and banana or to I still give him his weetabix and banana and let him pick at the toast afterwards himself.. Im a bit wary that if I just give him the toast to eat himself.. he wont be full enough if I miss his normal breakfast out!

I do hope all that makes sense! :?

Personally I would give him the toast first and see how much he manages to eat & then give him some of his normal breakfast but not as much as he normally has because you don't want him to eat too much.

I just chop the grapes and tomatoes in half and DD spits the skin out when she's finished :)

In a morning Lola will sometimes have toast with jam or cheese and she always feeds it to her self. I will normally offer her some ready brek or something afterwards to see if she's still hungry :D

I also half cherry toms and grapes and he sometimes spits the skin out, other times he eats that too. I give Dylan his breakfast (he helps with the spoons) first then give him some toast or bagel to feed himself. I spread unsalted butter, dairylea, hummus or banana on it for him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back