Got pains again! **Another UPDATE pg 5**

Oh i really hope you haven't posted in a while because you're finally there! Woooooooooo. Come on baby!!!!!!!!

P.S hope it's all going well :)

First thought this morning was whether MM would have popped!

Hope it's all going well hun :hug:

hope things are ok mm

thinking about you, you must be exhausted
xx

went back to maternity unit at 5am cos contractions were 6 mins apart and lasting 1 and half mins each. I was in complete agony cos I was getting continuous bad back pains and stomach cramps, so was getting no rest between the contractions, just constant pain. The tens wasn't touching it in the end and I would have happily accepted an epidural or c-section at that point! :lol:

At the mat unit the midwife (who was fantastic!) gave me an internal and saw I was 6-7cmm, cervix thin and extremely stretchy (must be thanks to the raspberry leaf) and said I was having the dreaded back to back labour!! That was why it was taking so long! He was in the right place for weeks and went back to back at the last minute!! Apparantly he was trying to turn back around but going the long way about it!
She broke my waters to speed things up and gave me an amazing back rub that took the pain away!

I then got in the birthing pool which felt like heaven!! I'd definately recommend it, the moment I got in there was immense relief to the pain, and it was so quiet and relaxing I felt I was getting some rest despite having been awake for almost 24 hours. Had gas and air for dilating last few cms.

Logan was born at 8.50am, weighing 8lb 13oz! after 27 hour back to back labour!
I got a 1st degree tear but no stitches!
Went home around 1pm, it was a hard labour cos of length of time and back to back, but the pool at the end was lovely!

Will write full length version when I have time :D

Congratulations :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about the back to back labour, but I am sure it was all worth it in the end!

I agree with you, the pool is amazing!

Wow! Congratulations! You did really well getting to 8cm with zero pain relief- b2b labours sound horrible- I'm sure I would have demanded an epidural by 1cm! :hug:

YaYYY im soo glad you got little one outta there ! Congratulations ! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back