Got pains again! **Another UPDATE pg 5**

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I don't usually wish pain on people but i hope the contractions get more frequent! Not long now hun! xxxxx

I lost loads more plug during the day. I dont think theres any left now, it looked just like the thing in the sink picture :rotfl:

The last 2 have been 6 mins apart! Lets hope they continue :dance:

I bet when I go back to the unit they go back to one every 10 mins, must be a type of white coat syndrome. They do say homebirths are usually faster cos you're more relaxed.
Not looking forward to the 15 min journey back to the unit! :shock:

:lol: no!!! I can't do anything but breathe and flex my fingers during the contractions. They seem to be getting further apart again! :wall: :wall:

I feel really tired now but can't get comfy in any position enough to rest :(
Wish I could sleep tonight and start again tomorrow!!

wow

just read this mm, good luck...

how are you finding the tens, i still have not ordered mine, i must do that
x

the tens is ok, not sure how effective it is as haven't felt contractions without it for hours. scared to take it off incase it feels a lot worse without it. Apparantly it takes an hour to feel the effect and if you take it off for a bath etc you have to start from scratch.

Fancy a bath but as well as the tens problem theres the issue that it might make the contractions feel worse when I try to get out.

I've given up timing them for now, they've got further apart but I haven't been moving around as much to get them going. I feel tired.
I had a lie down on my bed for half hour but didn't feel very comfortable, got 2 or 3 contractions in that time and they felt worse when lying down on my side.
Even sitting down isn't comfy, my back hurts constantly. Walking around was helping but too tired to walk now.
OH has gone to sleep cos he's tired, he's been a great help up to now. I guess he will be more use to me when labour gets more intense if he can get some rest.

Although this labour hasn't been too painful up to now it's feeling hard now cos I'm tired and can't rest. Been having contractions (although often infrequent) and been walking around to bring them on/get comfy since 7am this morning (or yesterday morning now!)

With James it was more intense and painful quicker but at least it was done in about 12 hours from start of contractions to having him!

I've just read through my pregnancy notes from today and it seems I misundertood earlier about engagement. I'm 4/5 palbable still, not 4/5 engaged :wall: :wall: :wall:
Thats why the contractions aren't regular, babys head not down enough to create lots of them.

ETA: OH just woke up, when I asked him about engagement he is sure midwife said 4/5 engaged, and thinks she may have wrote it down wrong due to tiredness :think:

My notes also say I'm fully effaced and cervix thin and stretchy, anterior. 3-4cm dilated.

I think I've got a very long labour ahead!! :shock: :bored: :sleep: :wall:

no sleep for me tonight, the contractions went away for a bit but still had bad backache and cramps so still couldn't get comfy enough for sleep.

Contractions now back worse than ever, they are ranging from 6-10 mins in frequency and seem more painful (maybe cos I'm tired?)

I was feeling a bit dilerious with tiredness and pain, but have just been sick and thats made me feel more awake and alert again.
Can't even sit on the bed, it's too sore, kneeling on a pillow at the side of the bed.

OH woke up when I was being sick and helped but I think he's going back to sleep now :(

Wish it would stop so I could sleep and start again tomorrow :wall:

You can do it! Just remember, it wont be long before babe is snuggled up with you and you can finally get some sleep!!!!!

aww I hope you're doing ok hun!!! Hopefully he is well on his way now if not here! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

MM, hope labours come on a bit in the last few hours.
:hug: :hug:

Hope he's arrived by now :hug: If not I hope your abscence from here means that you are off getting some much needed sleep :hug: :hug:

hope you got some rest/sleep or if not then i hope hes here!! :hug: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back