Got my first midwifes appointment tomorrow!

gemmap27

Reaction score
I went to the doctors tonight - I wasnt supposed to be seeing him till next friday and then he would get me booked in with midwife etc..
But I have been having really bad dizzy spells and strong cramps on my right side and I was worried so I asked to see him this afternoon, but could only get in with the duty doc.
He said I should see the midwife tomorrow and they may do an early scan, I shouldnt be worried what I have been getting is "normal" but I should see them tomorrow.
I went out to reception and explained this and that this was my first appointment with the midwife and the woman was a total bitch, she made me feel like I should wait till next week. They didnt have a double appointment only a single and new patients need doubles and I will probably have to see her next week too, and she doesnt normally see ladies till they are 8 weeks. I am almost 7 1/2. She made me feel like a time waster!
I am seeing her at 10.00 tomorrow for a single appointment.

Feeling a bit crap about the whole process but at least things are moving.

Sorry she was horrible to you, when I was in hospital with tummy pains everyone acted like I was a time waster too, worrying over nothing. People should understand that it's a worrying time, especially if it's a first pregnancy and even more if you've had a previous miscarriage. She's a receptionist - Not a Doctor - She shouldn't feel the need to treat anybody with disrespect no matter how serious the problem is! (But saying that, a Doctor shouldn't either!) Aww :hug: I hope tomorrow goes well, and the Midwife is nicer :)

Had my first midwife appointment this morning - and she was lovely! She said that she would put urgent on my scan referal. This will probably mean that I am going to get an early scan.
She was lovely and I got my bounty pack and had loads of blood taken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back