Got a cold :(

Lewa

Reaction score
Woke up today with a sore throat, kind of stuffy nose, light chills and pressure in my ears.
I haven't been ill since July... so why now!? Only 6 days until Pips due date, I don't want to go into labour with a cold :( Been sleeping all day... and hubby is being an angel bringing me tea and food etc for me to eat in between naps, which is lovely, just hope it works and that I'll feel better tomorrow morning..

Don't understand where it's come from either as I've been in the house for the past three days...

Awww...you poor thing! I have a cold as well! Try to relax, have some tea and drink a lot of orange juice! I'm sure that if Pip decides to come, you will handle it anyway!!

xx

Awwwwww poor thing. Glad hubby is looking after you... could it be a sign of being close as opposed to a cold? I was told that you may get cold/ flu like symptoms before labour...

Awww... Take it really easy, get plenty of rest and hopefully you'll soon be feeling better in time for Pip's big arrival! xx

I did google "sore throat early labour" and it seems like flu like symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, shivers / feeling feverish etc can be a sign, but nothing about sore throats really.. so I'm guessing it's just a cold. Some say that the hormonal changes before labour begins can cause you to more easily catch a cold.. so maaayyybee it's a "good sign" but there's really no way of knowing. No other symptoms than the usual braxton hicks contractions either.

Happy due date day Nic !! :)

Can't sleep now as my throat is hurting too much and I was sweating a lot... Have made myself a cup of tea and some toast and taken a paracetamol, and hopefully I can go back to sleep soon... Wondering if I should call my midwife or doctor tomorrow. I know fevers are not good when you're pregnant, but that's mostly when the baby is still developing.. and since I have a sore throat it's not like the fever is caused by some mysterious infection either.. so I don't know..

I'm a lot better today Zoex, thanks for asking :)
No more fever, and my nose isn't as runny either, and my throat is no longer sore! So now I'm just a bit stuffy, tired and drowsy (don't know how much is from the cold and how much is just pregnancy though).

It's probably still best if Pip waits a day more before he comes though..

Glad you are feeling better now, maybe it is best until the symptoms are out of your system, :) x

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to tell myself and OH when we're getting impatient about Pips arrival :p

I've read on a few forums that some people who get colds around their due date seem to go into labour as soon as they're feeling better, so maybe the body does wait a little to give you the needed energy?

In that case Pip might be coming soon! :p

Well fx that lo does decide to make an arrival soon for you then, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back