Got a Rotten Cold & Sore throat!!

pie&twink

Reaction score
Morning people

I'm feeling very sorry for myself this morning so please excuse me :( I started to feel poorly last night with headache & runny nose but this morning it is 10 times worse & i've got a really sore throat the go with it! (My 3 year old has got the cold so i've caught it off her I think.) Can hardly swallow & the dangly bit in my throat is 3 times it's usual size & bright red. Feel really sick too :'( I've tried Paracetamol but it's not had much effect. Can I take normal throat sweets? (not that they do much either!!) Can I use Albus Oil & Vick?

I know there is probably not much medication I can take but has anyone else had a cold like this & what did you find that works the best?

Got to go to work now :( but i'll check post throughout the day & i'll pop to the chemist after work.

Thanks ladies. x

I have total sympathy for you :hug: i had a stinker of a cold last week and parecetamol didnt do much for me either, i went to boots and asked pharmasist (sp!) what i could have and she basically said nothing, even said as the leaflet with vicks doesnt say that you can use it while pregnant it is best to stay clear but i felt that rough i came home and smothered myself in it as couldnt take it anymore and did a nice steam with it too.

Sorry thats not much help lol

xxhope your feelin better soon

I had a terrible cold back in 2nd tri but unfortunatly there is nothing you can take for it other than paracetomal which I found doesn't even touch it! Try honey and hot lemon, I found it de-congested me a little bit. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Hope you feel better soon
:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back