Googling 'can you die of heartburn?'

Gravidgecko

Reaction score
It's mad.
I've been awake all bloody night and had to call in sick today from being so exhausted!

It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, or if I have nothing, either way the heartburn is almost constant! It's burning so much, even with various heartburn meds. Have drank almost a whole bottle of gaviscon in 48 hours, plus sooking on the tablets like sweeties.

Starting to panic that this will be me until baby is born :(
I'm only 33+5 and even if I am induced early (will find out on Friday) I've still got to wait until 37 weeks.

I feel like I'm going crazy. It's also worrying me how frantic I'm getting just with the pain of heartburn. I think my husband is also starting to worry I'll be like this in labour.

Now I feel like a horrible person for wishing baby out early when I know it's still so teeny :(

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Aww sorry you're suffering soo much. I also get heartburn, especially at night because of lying down, and it's horrible when you're exhausted and just want to get some blooming sleep and it's all acid and burning and then you try to roll over and it spews up etc.

I've been eating teeny tiny meals, often, and trying not to eat less than 2 hours before bed. Not great because then I get hungry and last night I ended up getting up again at 11.30 because I was starrrrving so I had weetabix which actually didn't trigger heartburn even though I went back to bed right away after.

I haven't tried this myself, but a lady on a twin group I joined very highly recommended 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of water for heartburn and reflux. She said you will do "an awful Homer Simpson burp" and then the acid will be gone. Apparently it's amazing. I only found this out yesterday, so I'm yet to try it, but do let me know if you try it how you get on! xx

Last edited:
Lol the heading made me giggle, I'm totally with you on this I can't lie down without almost vomiting with the heartburn and reflux, it's so painful and sometimes I go throw up with it, gaviscon is now useless to me, I do want baby to come so we but if she can hold off even until 1st December then my husband will have a full month off work!

Same here!! Night time is awful..with heartburn and horrendous pain in my public bone I actually dread going to bed! Have you tried sleeping slightly sat up as being lay down makes heartburn worse? I read online that if you raise your head and shoulders that helps! Xx

I've tried it all, and again same here with the pelvic pain, when I sit up I sound like an ad for a magnum ice cream when they bit into it all the crunching noises lol

Hahah oh god that's well described but I'm not laughing at your pain. It's so hard to turn over with the pain and all the crunching noises are pretty disconcerting. I find that if I wedge myself up or onto too many pillows, it's even harder to turn over and I get stuck and then my hips get really sore from not moving. Can't win!!

See if your midwife will prescribed you some ranitidine. I suffered terribly with my first. And since being in this ranitidine with my second. I barley get any heartburn now it's amazing! X

Saw this pic and it made me giggle

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
Saw this pic and it made me giggle

ROFL!!!! :rofl: That is funny! I get heartburn like that if I eat spicy food, but so far eating plain food seems to do the trick for me.

Last edited:
This is me right now I've been up for an hr I'm so tired I just want sleep but the acid keeps waking me up!
Arggggghhhhh!!
Xxx

Haha...that pic is funny! I suffered with heartburn a lot with my first and she had really dark hair when she was born now she is blond! Im suffering tonight...I keep waking up on my back and get horrendous pain and end up doing a good impression of a tortoise stuck on its back!! I have actually got some cramping in my lower bump as well so wondering if this could be the start!! I bloody hope so..I'm so fed up! Xx

Haha...that pic is funny! I suffered with heartburn a lot with my first and she had really dark hair when she was born now she is blond! Im suffering tonight...I keep waking up on my back and get horrendous pain and end up doing a good impression of a tortoise stuck on its back!! I have actually got some cramping in my lower bump as well so wondering if this could be the start!! I bloody hope so..I'm so fed up! Xx

I had a real bad cramp like a Charlie horse in my bump it held for like 15-20 seconds, the longest 15-20 seconds in the world! It took my breath away I had to grab hold of something and try to breathe. Then it released woo! That was like about 3 days ago. I think that was a practice one like Braxton Hicks.

It doesn't seem to matter what I eat I had vegetable soup yesterday and it killed me all day

Does anyone wake up to bile which has dribbled out onto the pillow during the night? It's vile I keep washing the pillow covers every day! Luckily I'm off now but it sucks!

Xx

It doesn't seem to matter what I eat I had vegetable soup yesterday and it killed me all day

:( was it creamy soup? I had some potato and leek soup the other day that was quite thick and creamy and it didn't do any good. That said, even dry crackers triggered it yesterday. The only thing that I haven't had trouble with is weetabix with milk xx

Wow you poor thing Laura! I hope it gets better for you.

Heartburn is a swine! I usually get mine at night when i go to bed but last couple of days I've had a spout of it in the afternoon! I find rennies seem to help a little though!

Heartburn is horrid! I got prescribed omeprazole which really helps xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

As much as I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I'm also glad it's not just me lol.
Have now got 2 pillows. Am finding that it helps on the middly nights, but the bad nights just have to be suffered through as nothing seems to work. Still, hopefully it will go when baby gets here.
Husband is now very excited to welcome our very own baby Chewy!! Lol!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

The night before last I had the worst heartburn I've ever had. I had my omeprazole tablet, had gaviscon, had been drinking milk and it was sooo sore. I downed a glass of milk really fast then put a spoon of baking soda in half a glass of water and downed it and it really did help! Tastes gross but helps .Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back