Horrendous heartburn

Emmamb

Reaction score
The last few months heartburn hasn't been too bad but it's started up again 3 nights ago and I can't get rid of it at all today-it's actually makin me sick and at night it comes up into my mouth everytime I move which is makin sleepin even more difficult. I'm takin gaviscon like it's goin out of fashion but nothin shifts it,today it's been exceptionally bad-to the point I nearly threw up in asda :/ can any1 offer any remedies-I've tried all the usual xx

I suffer terribly from it, and find gaviscon doesnt work, just makes me gag and throw up lol, have you tried the fruit flavour rennies? (don't taste chalky/salty like the mint) the rennies and pints of milk are the only thing that helps me

ditto i think my poor oesophagus has burned away!! i think its just another one of those bitchy end of pregnancy things (theres way too many of them - i wont be doing this again in a hurry!) its horrid, ive gone through about 4 big bottles of gaviscon throughout this pregnancy! x

Something your eating must be setting it off? If I eat any sweets my throat burns so bad. But usually a Rennies helps me, that's why I have a 72 pack on my bedside table lol

Gaviscon advanced is the way forward!!! I take one tablespoon after each meal. Normal Gaviscon Is crap.

Nope tried all that and it takes it off for that moment and the n it's back within 10 mins. :(

drinking milk?? ive not tried it as dont like milk but have heard it can help. also carefull of what u eat but eat often. ive gone through loads of gaviscon etc and really feel for you isnt nice hope you feel better soon xx

ive avoided eatin any large meals and not gonna eat after 7pm at night cos its def worse at night. just sent hubby to shop 4 extra milk lol xx

ive avoided eatin any large meals and not gonna eat after 7pm at night cos its def worse at night. just sent hubby to shop 4 extra milk lol xx

Yeah good idea, my cut off point is 9pm but can still have camomile tea and a yoghurt cos they seem fine lol

I was getting it so badly that I was actually throwing up every night! I drink a glass of milk before bed now and I find rennie helps me alot more than gaviscon, and the fruit ones are definately nicer!
My heartburn seems to have eased up alot since drinking the milk! Hope it settles down for you soon hun!
XxX

I have gone through about 7 large bottle of Peptic Acid which is a cheaper version of the Gaviscon, it takes the edge off but defintely doesn't cure it!

can't wait to feel 'normal' again, bet I will be missing feeling pregnant when baby is here!

The last few months heartburn hasn't been too bad but it's started up again 3 nights ago and I can't get rid of it at all today-it's actually makin me sick and at night it comes up into my mouth everytime I move which is makin sleepin even more difficult. I'm takin gaviscon like it's goin out of fashion but nothin shifts it,today it's been exceptionally bad-to the point I nearly threw up in asda :/ can any1 offer any remedies-I've tried all the usual xx

Poor you :hugs:

I have been quite lucky, I had 'some' heartburn in the second trimester, but it seems to have subsided.

Have you tried gaviscon peppermint flavour? I know this seems odd, but I tried the original and it did nothing really other than make me want to vomit, but the peppermint flavour seemed to cool and stop it.

My Nan told me to suck a lemon - i didn't do it, YUCK! But she swore the acid helped...but again it's another one of those old wives tales :x:x:x LMAO

I had it so bad in my first pregnancy and in this one I've been goin through 2 big bottles of Gaviscon a week. I was worried about the amount so switched to Rennie. Crap!!

What really works for me and u might not feel like it but ice cream! I have plain vanilla ice cream, put loads in a bowl and add milk and mix it up so it's like a thick shake and eat it! Keeps it away for ages xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back