Good Day

Bee7

Reaction score
I'm feeling very content today.

Things are by no means perfect. There are still massive issues with OH and i'm so tired i could sleep for a hundred years (as usual) but i feel like i'm finally embracing being a mother. When Jack was first born it took me a while to get used to him. I didn't experience that mad rush of love that everyone talks about which i think was partly due to the traumatic birth. Afterwards i couldn't do anything for Jack and felt useless for a while. Obviously i loved him from day one but i do think my bonding with him was spoilt a bit by the birth/c-section

But now i have him in a routine and can see him developing i really do feel like a proper mum. Things that mattered to me before like missing out on things my friends were doing really don't bother me any more. I just want to be with him.

Sorry for the gushy/pointless thread but since i usually moan and complain on here i thought it'd be nice to share some positivity for a change!

P.s. he also had his 8 week jabs today and barely flinched. Brave little boy :) xx

Aww that is lovely to hear hun!! All of a sudden it hits you doesnt it?? I dont believe in this great rush of love stuff, it takes you a while to get used to being a mum and in the beginning you are so tired esp if you had a tough birth that it takes time to build a bond!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back