Grrrr OH driving me nuts

Bee7

Reaction score
Warning...rant alert lol. I'm getting so pissed off with OH. He seems to want to argue with everything i do with Jack and it's really starting to get to me. Earlier in the week i posted a thread about the 'debate' we had over controlled crying. Now i'm trying to get Jack into a routine and OH still continues to be awkward.

Last night i bathed Jack at about half 8 and gave him a bottle straight after. He slept til about 1am (by which point i was still awake) so i have him another feed and then he slept through until 6:30am. This is a routine that'd work well for me so i'm trying to pursue it. I explained it to OH but when Jack started crying at about 7:30pm tonight (before his bath) he wanted to feed him then. When i explained that i wanted to get him bathed first and he wouldn't be hungry yet OH just said that he was going to feed him anyway. Luckily Jack was on mummy's side and stopped crying as if to make a point, but seriously why can't OH just listen to me and let me do what i think is best. Yes we both get a say, but he's at work most of the time so surely it's best for me to decide the best way to manage Jack's days.

My OH is a very opinionated kind of guy. Basically thinks his way is always the right way. Before i used to let things go a lot but when it concerns Jack i'm not going to back down if i think what he's saying is wrong. I'm glad he has ideas and is showing an interest but at times it just feels like he's making my job 10 times harder because everything has to be a debate or an argument.

Sorry for the rant, needed to get it out otherwise another row would probably have ensued lol x

Oh hun hope ur ok men can be arseholes sometimes, mine is still a bit dopey when it comes to harry he doesn't know his routine at all but as you said they work all day they don't have to stay with the baby 24|7 he'll come round eventually, it could be worse he could be a dad that didn't give a shit about jack and just didn't help you at all, you stick to your guns hun xxx

Yeah def stick to your guns here! You're the one that has to get up to feed so a routine that suits you is what you should get in to!

Tell him its nice he's involved but to butt out lol xxxx

Agree with the girls, it's nice that he wants to be involved but you know his routine and what he wants. Stick to your guns :) x

Am pretty sure if you went to his work and started telling him what to do he wouldn't like it....it's the same really. My OH lets me get on with it and helps out where he can, like changing Bertie whilst I make the bottle etc. We now work 24 hours a day, my OH's day finishes at 5pm and he comes home to daddy time of a fed, clean, comforted baby giving lots of smiles and coos. He definitely gets the best part of the day!

Oh and if he ever tried to change my routine he'd never be able to father children again :D

Don't worry my OH is the same. He doesn't understand what it is like to be with the LO all day.
In the end I just ignore him.

Do u wanna swap? Mine works away I'd love the hand lol BUT I don't agree with him undermining your routine. He needs to understand that your baby is looked after by you mainly do he needs to help you with how you want to do it.

I think your OH def has a right to decide on the routine, but I think there's a better way of doing it rather than at that moment. For example, sitting down & having a chat on what you both want routine wise. I'm sure he'd be willing to make it a bit easier for you if your the main carer.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back