Boredom

Yvonne

Reaction score
Do baby's get bored???

They can't do anything much.

Jack just lies under his baby gym, or looks at me while i talk and goo and he laughs at plain, boring old walls!!

I feel sorry for him!! He watches Amy while we play, and even though i sit him on my knee and let him join in (so to speak) he just looks :|

But then on the other hand he doesn't know any different i suppose. :think:

I worry about Rubie getting bored so make sure if she is awake (which is rare) that I talk to her a lot, there's not a lot more she can do as she isn't interested in toys and can't grab things yet. Probably a lot of the time when they cry it is through boredom, just so we go and pick them up or move them or whatever???

Rubie also stares and smiles at the wall. It's only recently that she has started taking an interest in other things, she used to be obsessed with the ceiling and walls lol

Rubie said if Jack is bored and lonely she will come over to play :wink:

you have a dirty mind yvonne, i meant play games lol

he he he he :dance:

Even if roo did come what would they play when they can't hold things!!

"Who can spot the best piece of wall"

Lol, is it just our kids that are wierd!!???

ey speak for yourself lol, my roo is perfect :wink:

don't think anyone wants to join in this thread lol :lol:

I worry about Rubie getting bored so make sure if she is awake (which is rare) that I talk to her a lot, there's not a lot more she can do as she isn't interested in toys and can't grab things yet. Probably a lot of the time when they cry it is through boredom, just so we go and pick them up or move them or whatever???

Rubie also stares and smiles at the wall. It's only recently that she has started taking an interest in other things, she used to be obsessed with the ceiling and walls lol

Ditto for Naomi - as a matter of fact it freaks me out sometimes...OH was away last weekend and I was doing the early morning feed...about 4 am. Naomi fixed her gaze on a spot of wall and didn't blink for about 20 mins...I was a bit spooked, wondered what she was seeing.

Here, they have always said that when babies seem to smile at nothing or stare through you they are watching the angels :D

She thinks her uncle with the beard is hilarious though...

Sue

Lol Sue,

I wonder what Jack is laughing and smiling at. They also say babies can see ghosts (if they exsist)

He laughs at a picture of my grandad (who is now dead) my mum has on her wall. :think: Makes me wonder.

Kai likes walls, curtains and fridges :?

One day he is was crying, went into the kitchen and he calmed down looking at the fridge and was quite content.

Also he loves his mobile with animals.

One thing I started with him yesterday was to grip things, and he is really good at it, he will hold them for ages and move his hand around on it and it is still there. It is like like different plastic rings which are exactly the right size for him. Hopefully as the weeks go by he will improve.

Alex gets bored very easily, and lets us know about it - he doesn't cry, more a sort of shouty moan, he shuts up when we do something else, and after 10 minutes, we get another shout.

We were talking about ghosts the other day. None of the kids will go into one of the bedrooms - it's the best room in the house but nobody wants it. I'd never thought about it, but Stuart told me he keeps seeing an old woman in the doorway of the room :shock: . I wonder if the kids are sensing something :think: :| argggghhhhh i'm moving

Here we go, Kai's likes this although he look grumpy in the photo:

kai10.jpg

He tries to put it in his mouth but without much success lol

Kacy likes starring at my mums living room light she smiles at this light every times she goes round, and she loves one of her rattles it has a clown on it and her mobile with animals on, and she thinks it funny when me and matty are talking and have one of those silly arguments no you yes you did kinda thing. Kacy gets bored to and she lets us no it she will be sat in her bouncer, so we will have to turn her around to watch the tv (espically the simpsons) or put her on her playmat

Babsi- so cute!

I worry about him getting bored too. There are a few things that actually make him laugh without fail but I can't do them all the time! The first is to get him naked and rub my head on his tum (very lightly!) as I think my hair tickles him, the second is to kiss his feet when I'm changing his nappy (when it's on in case of accidents!), then there's lying him on our bed and pushing down hard on the mattress either side of him so that he bounces up very slightly (this he thinks is totally hilarious) and finally he is starting to love those bouncing on the knee rhymes like "Up on a mountain ever so high, like a jelly in the sky, wibble wobble wibble wobble, wibble wobble- splat!" with actions! Ok I've lost it haven't I?!

Apart from that he plays on his gym and I try to change the objects, he also likes being read Dr Seuss stories- I think because they are very brightly illustrated compared to the more pretty picture books I've tried him with. Anyway the thing is that I find it so much easier if I'm not bored to be honest, day time tv drives me up the wall and if I try doing housework or cooking for more than about 30 mins he gets grizzly so I'm trying to think of things to do to save my mental state too! I ordered a couple of books on Amazon secondhand. One is called Baby Minds and the other is called Baby Gymboree or something like that so I'm hoping to get inspiration from them. One idea from Baby Minds I have tried with success was to tie a scarf loosely round one of his legs and attach it to a toy with a bell that was hanging in the baby gym obviously you have to be with them for this because of the risk of getting tangled in the scarf but I have to say it kept him amused for quite a while. It's supposed to be a problem solving exercise and it was funny as he was really concentrating and then he suddenly got it and started kicking just that leg and smiling :) cool!

I'm hoping that finding things to do will get easier as he can do more things with his body :). What things other things do any of you do with babies under 6 months?
+++
ps he loves telly though but I'm not sure how much is too much! Especially Cbeebies- he started chuntering on at one of the diggers on Bob the Builder this week! I find it all quite fun too- especially watching grown adults sing songs about cakes and the weather etc :) that programme about bouncing babies or something where the toddlers all dance to one song is great- I'm sorely tempted to get some much needed exercise and join in! I've got cabin fever can you tell!!!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back