arrgghhh!!! clingy baby!!!

NICCI

Reaction score
hey ladies,
jack is becoming really clingy!!!! he wants to be cuddled all the time, he is ok in his chair until he cant see me or oh then he screams!!!!ive heard about seperation anxiety but i thought this happened when they were older! jack is 3 months! do you think ive spoilt him, oh thinks i should leave him 2 cry for a bit but i think he is a bit young!! im not getting anything done and its getting to me now :( he has been a bit under the weather lately could this be a cause!! pls help xxxxx

i don't believe its possible to spoil a tiny baby.

IMHO if a baby is crying its because it wants something, even if that something is just to be held. i don't think its fair to project adult behaviour (such as manipulation) on someone so small; i've never left connor to cry and he's gone through some really clingy phases too.

if your LO has been a bit unwell, he probably just wants comfort.

the only way around it, that i've found, is to sling. that way you can get on with things around the house whilst keeping your baby tucked up next to you.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

he's been in constant contact with you whilst in the womb and then he is thrust out into the world. There is a saying nine in, nine out which means as well as the 9 months taken inside you, there is a further 9 months for them to continue to develop outside. Touch is such an important sense, I would sling him so he has you nearby but you also have your hands free.

Cooper was like this and still is really, we never really got on with a sling so i just never got anything done! I put housework right at the bottom of my list and would/do just cuddle up with my little man :D

Jacob is like this too and I can only do things like shower if my husband is home because I am not willing to or capable of showering with his screaming in the next room. I can't even put him in his swing or bed for more than a few minutes, whether he can see me or not. In fact, he stayed in his bed for about five minutes today before he started crying, which was amazing! Jacob even has to nap in my arms and the only time he will be apart from one of us is from around midnight until six when he'll sleep in his bed. Maybe this is because it is pushed right up against my side of the bed and I can reach and touch him when needed, but he won't tolerate this arrangement during the day. I was getting very stressed about it, but I have decided to accept and enjoy it because soon he will be big and too embarrassed to have mommy cuddles. My flat.. Well, it looks like a bomb hit.

I found the same as the others and sometimes there was nothing for it except to cuddle up and enjoy the closeness. Sometimes though she would be happy to be propped up so she could see what was going on without needing to be in my arms. It was just a case of trial and error and in the end I learnt when she just wanted cuddles and when I could get away with putting her somewhere she could see me. She hated lying down on her back from really early on - just too nosy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back