Going to the loo after BD?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Silly question here.

If you go to the loo after you BD, does that affect your chances of TTC? I try and leave it half an hour (while lying in bed reading a book!) but can't seem to hang on much longer after that.

Any thoughts or tips appreciated! :blush:

I've always wondered that one too. I think by that stage that any spermies that are gonna hit base will have done so by then so should be ok. Well I'm hoping so anyway cos I'm basically doing the same thing as u r.

Good luck on your TTC journey. xx

I tried not to for as long as possible and to say in bed for as long as possible, just as you are doing...you can only do what you can do and if you can only stay there half an hour then thats better than jumping up straight away to have a shower or a wee isnt it xxx

Thanks ladies... makes sense when you see it written down, but I wasn't sure where the plumbing comes into everything! :lol:

i used to try and leave it as long as poss tinselcat! i know its not very sexy but i used to go before we dtd lol! xxx

i've been not going to the loo after, and holding my pee to do ov tests and i've been poorly for days now with cystitis and I'd be a fool not to think they're linked...

Well i usually have to go straight after. Maybe i should try and hold on. Not sure if it makes a difference to be honest

When "clearing up afterwards" I do a superficial clean and try hold wee as ling as possible x

:blush: problem I keep having is spots down below :( used to get thrush too but seem to be getting around that - any help??
I've got super sensitive skin :(

I think as long as you wait 20-30 minutes it should be fine. Most of the sperm will die pretty quickly anyway, so I reckon 20 to 30 mins is good enough. x x

Give it a few minutes, but then doctors advise you to go to the loo and empty your bladder to prevent infections e.g. UTI. It cleans your foof if you pee after sex (lol?).

I used to sit there for ages, sometimes with my legs up and I never got pregnant. We stopped trying in the end and I just skipped along to the toilet with little spermies still inside me and I got pregnant! If anything does come out, it will be the sperm that wasn't exactly.. clever. Most sperm die at the entrance anyway because they get lost. xxx

I agree with Tiffany, for one of my cycles (I think was around 60-something days) I put a pillow under my bum and legs up every single time we BDed. Didn't work for me either! x x

my problem is that i do what men do - once I'm done I just want to roll over and go to sleep!!!

the month i got my bfp...we werent supposed to be trying..ahem!! ha ha....and each time i jumped up and ran to the loo........so i think if they're gonna get up there,....they will get up there! :) xx

I dont spend spend too long afterwards. After reading all that...maybe i should be giving it longer! Im lying for 5 maybe 10 minutes at a time!
Maybe I should buy a new book by the sounds of it! :) x

I've Been holding it all night and all if a sudden I have UTI so going to have to empty! Might leave a 5 minute gap to give the lil swimmers a chance!! Xx

well i must say ladies that i dont go to the loo (naughty i know slap my wrist now) after we bd we go to sleep and then i goto the loo in the morning i just cant be bothered to get up in knackered when i goto bed and only have enough energy for sex let alone getting out of my lovely warm pit into the cold landing and onto the cold floor in my batroom no i like my bed but i am naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxx

Thank you for all the advice and comments! It's great to know that getting on with your life afterwards doesn't necessarily affect anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back