Help with OPK's and when to BD

Frizzy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Firstly congratulations to all you with BFP's. My DH and I have just started ttc and whilst I said I wasn't going to get all obsessed I don't know who I was kidding as that is not in my nature!!! 10 days after we started to start trying I already can't understand why it doesn't happen instantly - madness I know.

Anyway, I have bought the OPK sticks they are the clearblue ones, I have a regular 28 day cycle and nearly always get ovulation pain on day 14. I have worked out that day 14 will be 17th December, after reading on here though I am not sure if it is best to BD every day or every other day and is there any point (apart from for fun!) on BD'in after 17th?

Unfortunately my DH has lots of christmas work parties around this time and whilst I have just convinced him to take vitamins I'm not getting anywhere with not drinking so they will probably just swim in a circle before crashing!!

Sorry this is long but I would appreciate any help.

Good luck everybody waiting

Hi,

LOL, I know exactly where you are coming from. It's so difficult to be patient when you are TTC. Especially when it feels like it happens so quickly for those around you.

With regard to your question, I would BD every other day leading up to ovulation. Especially when you have creamy or egg white type CM, this is an indication that you're approaching ovulation and in your fertile time of the month. Egg white CM is when you're at your peak fertility.

I would BD for the couple of days after ov too or at least the day after.

Good luck!

Hi Frizzy :wave:

We too have just started tcc and I had no idea what a mine field it was out there! I am also slightly confused with the ovulation and when to BD, I have read that the egg lives for up to 24 hours but how long does it take for the sperm to reach it? Is it day 14 that the egg is released in a normal 28 day cycle?

I'm driving myself crazyy

Thanks Bagpuss, I will try every other day leading up to ovulation then maybe every day afterwards for a couple of days.

There's such a small window to conceive that you just want to optimise your chances don't you.

Good luck to you and us all

First of all i kow the lear blue ovulation sticks are very pricy - why not try the OKPS off ebay, they are a bargain and the ones doctors and hospitals use and they do work!
If you want a link pm me.

Im fairly knew to this TTC myself using okps etc, why not get a ttc tiker as there pretty accurate as long as you put the right info in!

Good luck

Thanks for your reply Mrs, are the e bay OPK's easy to read? I have seen links on here but I was even considering getting the digital ones so it is clear when I am ovulating and I don't drive myself crazy staring at lines!!!

I'm more worried about whether it is a good idea to BD every day or every other day and how long after ovulation can you conceive??? So many questions.

What's a ttc ticker please?
Thanks everybody for your help

Fingers crossed for everybody

Hi - I use the cheapy ebay OPK's and believe me it is really easy to see when you get a peak (for me at least). Yesterday I had a faint line - today it was dark pink and way darker than the test line. I have no problems at all and its only my second month using them.

A ticker is the thing under every post that shows what cycle day you are on. I've just tried putting one on but don't think it's worked! :?

Thanks kmac your ticker worked! Is it easy to add? I will try having a go later.

Babydust for everybody in December

Yes! I went to lilypie.com. You pick what you want, copy the code for it (but not as html, the other one - it's quite obvious on the site) then you paste it into your signature box in your profile on here!
Hope that helps!

HI there, I've used the cheaper online ovulation sticks for the past two months and both months I have missed my peak with them, even testing at the same time as instructed. I think next month I will go for the clear blue ones if I need too!!

Ok, daft question I expect but this is my first month using OPK too. I got:-

Sat- v feint line on an ebay cheapy
Sun- 50% positive line
Today- v feint line again

So- did I ovulate Saturday night and got the end of the result on Sunday or was it Sunday night and it was building over Sat-Sun?

I always test at 3pm as that's after Mel's nap so I remember. We BD
Thurs PM,
Fri AM,
Sun AM
Mon PM

but not Saturday which is why I'm wondering when it was!

Thanks ladies!
+++

I'm no where near an expert on these only having used them for 1 month but I GUESS you ovulated sunday night (like you say could go either way though) but with all the BDing you did it wouldn't matter as sperm can survive a few days so I wouldn't worry :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back