going to a wedding

k8_005

Reaction score
Hi ladies friends of ours are getting married in early Nov. Now by then hopefully we will have a three month old they say baby is invited too. Hubby has booked the hotel as its cheaper to do now and has a cnx for free policy up till three days before. But I'm unsure baby hasn't even arrived are we silly to be planning on attending a wedding? I worry because we haven't even got baby here yet tho I'm due in a week and already this is being booked just feels a little strange. So if we do end up going what tips can you offer me when goingaway with a baby so young? IIt's a 2hr drive so will have to stop on the way and it will prob just be the one night in hotel x

We went to a wedding with our little one when he was 4.5 months old. It was fine. It was a 3.5 hr drive and we stayed overnight in a hotel room. Luckily it was a 4pm wedding so not too long a day. He managed fine at the day and was quite chirpy and happy in his pram. Although by evening he was tired and the music was so so loud that he couldn't sleep in his pram so we left early (8.30pm). As long as your both realistic that baby might need to go back early you will be fine. Baby will still be young enough to be portable easily and you can try and stick to his routine.

It isn't like going to a wedding without baby though! ......we re going to another wedding in September and this time I think we will have more fun leaving him with grandparents! But he will be 9 months by then!

I've just been to my brother's wedding when my baby was a month old. I was bridesmaid too! It went really well. My husband Hung out at the back of the church incase she cried & he needed to make a fast getaway. She was great throughout dinner & the speeches. She was either being held by one of us or in her car seat next to me.
We had all my family there, so people took turns with her sitting outside (it was boiling hot and not cold out) all wrapped up in a blanket as the music inside was too loud.
are you breastfeeding? there was a room with a sofa where I could go to feed & change her, which was helpful. also, make sure you have a suitable dress for feeding. my bridesmaid dress was so impractical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back