Going part-time at 6 months?

Pansy

Reaction score
Hi ladies...
At my last pre-natal appointment my OB mentioned me going on maternity leave...I just looked at him like he was nuts...Im not even 6 months yet!!!...I told him I would like to work up to the end if I can...So he tried to meet me half way...He asked if my job would give me a light duty job...They won't...Then he asked if they could put me on part-time...Which I didn't think they would do...So I said no...He is worried because I work in a factory (which is very hot in the summer) and I am on my feet walking,bending,lifting,etc for 8 hours a day...And to make it worse I work a 7 day swing shift...For those who don't know what that is...I work 7 days on 3rd get 2 days off then I work 7 days on 2nd get 2 days off then 7 days on 1st with 3 days off...My hours are already exhausting without being pregnant...But being pregnant and working these hours I cannot get on a healthy eating or sleeping schedule...And I am feeling really worn out the last few weeks...At the rate I'm going I am starting to think I am going to burn out way before my due date...
Well...
Tonight I didn't think I was going to make it through my shift...I was hot and exhausted and had bad heartburn to top it off...I didn't even say anything to my supervisor but he came up to me and asked why I don't just work 4 hours a day...I said I didn't think they would allow it...He said he would discuss it with the boss tomorrow...So the idea is really growing on me...Working only 4 hours a day would probably allow me to comfortably make it to my due date...The only problem is the pay cut...I worry I won't be bringing in enough money...
I know the health of my baby should come first...I am just confused if I should do it or not...
Sorry for such a long post...Just wanted to talk about it...Maybe get some opinions...
Pansy

Your baby is the most important hing involved here - money can always be sorted out later mate. I know what you mean though ...money is a killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back