Going Home Outfits

jacy90

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,
I am team yellow, but have been confused as to a 'going home' outfit to buy for baby!
I didn't particularly want to buy just a sleepsuit, but its hard when I don't know the sex of the baby!
Any ideas?

I know I'm having a girl so planned on a pretty dress etc but people keep telling me that it's difficult to dress babies especially if you have no experience doing it before (which I don't) and I think I might struggle with tights etc so I'm just going to buy a really nice sleepsuit and hat etc and just take the pressure of trying to get her dressed off me and then I can practise when we're home lol.

I've done the same as Frankie, despite knowing he's a he I've just got a vest, sleepsuit and hat for tiny baby (just in case) and for 0-3 as well. Perhaps something neutral with Winnie the Pooh on or something :). That way it looks nice but has no gender preference.

Make a pregnancy ticker

We are team yellow and because we don't want to take baby home in just a sleep suit, a few weeks before due date we are going to each pick out a boy and a girl outfit (keep the receipt/proof of purchase) and then whichever one we don't need, we will take back to shop and exchange for something else

Baby is going home in a sleep suit or a pram suit depending how cold it is. I don't see the point of dressing it any different?i mean nobody will see it anyway as it will be all snuggled in the car seat footmuf?
I just want it to be the most comfortable ever and I want to avoid anything that may makes it's tummy uncomfortable until the cordon heals properly.

We are team yellow and we have bought a 'Very Hungry Catapilar' sleepsuit as LO's going home outfit.... ideally I would of loved a little dress or a little boys outfit but my SIL said that sleepsuit are easier if you don't have much expirience with dressing babies (as Frankie said). I am pretty sure after the whole labour expirience LO and I will be exhausted and LO will just want to sleep anyway x

We couldnt resist and bought one of each outfit - by then I will have hopefully met some ladies through antenatal classes so will give the other away :)

We bough a cream teddy dungarees from mothercare for our baby but it ended up way too big for him so oh bought him a boy outfit!!!

im having a boy but mine will deffo be going home in a sleep suit. i just think its what will be comfiest for him. dont wanna overload him with clothes in his first few days of life. gunna slowly introduce him to different materials i think. must be weird just bein in water for so long then coming out to materials. but maybe thats just me lol x

my baby will be goin home in a sleepsuit :) as they are much more comfy in those and look really cute!! as there is nothing worse then seeing a baby all crumpled up in mini versions of clothes they look so uncomfortable so will be sticing with sleepsuits for first couple of months xx

I think ill be putting Elizabeth in a sleepsuit, or if its two warm a romper suit ( no feet ) with a pair of little socks. i think she will be more comfortable in this than in a little outfit espically at first. I like to see babies in cute little outfits but they look so much better once they are bit bigger

x

my baby will be goin home in a sleepsuit :) as they are much more comfy in those and look really cute!! as there is nothing worse then seeing a baby all crumpled up in mini versions of clothes they look so uncomfortable so will be sticing with sleepsuits for first couple of months xx

This is exactly my opinion,sleepsuits are most comfortable for baby and easiest fo the first few months.

My LO will be going home in a pink sleepsuit and hat if she needs it with cardi if needed and blanket x

sleepsuits are the best in the first 2/3 months, i HATE to see jeans on newborns and i especially dont like to see bloody shoes on tiny babies. they just sleep eat and poo for the first month so why waste the money, plus it rubs on their skin and dresses ride up the back of small babies and get all crinkly... im gonna get loads of different baby grows.... in fact, i saw some stunning babygrows in next they were for a girl tho and were team yellow. if the bump turns out to be pink then im totally going to get them :)

We've got a very cute baby grow with 'Welcome to the World', which will be our little man's coming home outfit :) xxx

I am having a boy, my going home outfit is white and grey from mothercare and it unisex its gawjus its called " Unisex Bear 2 piece set" bought in newborn fits up to 10bls gunna put him in that with a blue cardigan i would recommend it looks so comfy got him a white hat and mitts aswell mothercare have some lovely unisex outfits and they have a offer on at the min buy 1 get 1 half price bonus! xx

My wee yin will just be coming home in a sleepsuit, we're team yellow too. I will have a hat and cardi, and blanket to wrap baby in. But agree with everyone else baby needs to be comfy... Must be scary enough without being uncomfy!!!! So excited!!!xxx

I've bought some gorgoeus sleepsuits from Matalan, George and Mothercare! They are the cutest, i have a yellow set saying "just hatched" which i'm thinking for going home in! it has a yellow hat and bib etc think its a four piece set, but my OH bought a very cute cow printed light brown and cream sleepsuit with hat and bib! so i might take a few LMAO!!

Thanks for all your replies ladies!
Definately agreeing with the sleepsuit thing now tbh - I didn't even think about the practicalities (O gawd, what am I gonna be like when baby's here!)
Love the ideas of the 'just hatched' and 'welcome to the world' sleepsuits! Soo think Im gonna steal ur ideas and go for one similar!!

Thanks for all your replies ladies!
Definately agreeing with the sleepsuit thing now tbh - I didn't even think about the practicalities (O gawd, what am I gonna be like when baby's here!)
Love the ideas of the 'just hatched' and 'welcome to the world' sleepsuits! Soo think Im gonna steal ur ideas and go for one similar!!

YAY!! so approriate too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back