Glasgow mummy's ???

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
Is there anyone else on here from Glasgow and birthing in the new hospital?

Me. - the MAT wards etc are separate from the New build. But yes, Ill be there in October. :)

xxxx

Last edited:
I had my last son in there and it was absolutely horrific. They told me every time I went up to b scanned he was a big baby and still let me go over my due date. He got stuck coming out had to have a clip on his head 3 times coz it kept coming of I got an epidural and they put the needle in to far I needed oxygen and a jag to make me feel normal again. They broke my waters and my little man had done the toilet inside me and they left me for hours. When he was finally born he ended up in intensive care co he had strep b. I have a feeling this is also gonna b a big baby and I'm scared this little 1 will also b born with strep b I'm a paranoid wreck even thinking about it. I'm thinking of asking to be induced b4 lil man gets to big and to have the antibiotic for strep to b on the safe side.

Ahhh I had the best experience. Just shows everyones labour is/can be different.

I was induced 14 days over, labour lasted 7h - didnt need a drip or pain relief he was here an hour after my waters went themselves and I was out the following day.

I have the option of Princess Royal too - but I worked at the Southern and loved having my wee boy there, so no changes this time for us.

xxxx

I'm a children's nurse in the new southern and I think a lot has changed since all the hospitals merged together (even though maternity is a separate building) - new policies and procedures etc. I would speak to your midwife about your concerns and ask for some reassurance. Try and see each birth as a different experience. This time around everything will be new too! I hope your midwife can help xx

Yeah if anything recently all I've seen online is glowing results for reviews from mums.

But I always say a birth can depend greatly on the person - there are people who have went into hospital having horrific labours and some that walk in and out - the nurses are great in there, although not enough however thats the NHS for you :lol:

So much is always changing, they are always putting policies in place to fix issues. It is a whole lot better since the labour suites got all done up a few year ago. And now the Queen Mothers MWs are there too for a few years so, it should be better.

xxxx

This is my 4th baby I've had mine in all diff hospitals the southern being the worst. I just felt like they had no interest at all. Don't get me wrong some mw were lovely my labours have been fine apart from my last. Just hope if I speak to them they will understand and maybe agree to induce me b4 my due date as I don't fancy squeezing out a 10 lb baby this time round and I'm scared this baby will have what my last had and no one will no xx

My mrs wanted the Royal as she had previously been a bank nurse in the maternity suite. Our nearest is wishaw but the reports about that place made sure it was never an option. Royal it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back