• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

giving solids when they are hungry?

Lynds77

Reaction score
at lunchtime I have started giving Freya her protein and veggies before her bottle. I had planned on giving her a bottle an hour or so after her lunch, but she has been going crazy on me!

she opens her mouth and scoffs her lunch, but is still going mad at me giving me her hungry cry. She keeps looking into the kitchen too as she knows that is where her bo bo's come from!

its like she doesnt realise food will stop her from being hungry? i have offered a bottle afterwards, and she only takes a few oz's so is full.

do the just suddenly get it, or is my fussy poppet just now deciding she would rather bottles than food?

I only do this at lunch to make sure she gets some food into her, cause I struggle to get her to take food after milk

No advice hun, but Aaron is the same - he was screaming hungry at me tonight when I tried to give him dinner.

I swear you would have thought I was trying to murder him other than feed him! MIL came in to check everything was ok :lol:

I ended up abandoning food and giving milk and he was quite happy after that! Crazy boy!

No advice hun, but Aaron is the same - he was screaming hungry at me tonight when I tried to give him dinner.

I swear you would have thought I was trying to murder him other than feed him! MIL came in to check everything was ok :lol:

I ended up abandoning food and giving milk and he was quite happy after that! Crazy boy!

Its frustrating isnt it!

I cant give her a few ounces to take the edge off, cause if i gave her 2oz then took a bottle away holy hell would she make me pay for that! haha

Up to 7 m when she was hungry like starving I was giving milk first, solids second.
At 7 m exactly she suddenly realized that the solids fill her tummy but it takes some time for them to realize that their tummy is full.
Solids though they can be calorie wise higher than their bottle, volume wise are not as filling as the milk ifykwm. A big bottle fills their tummy immediately while it takes a while after they eat solids to realize they are full lol. Also the milk is absorbed much faster raising their blood sugar quite fast.
Now when she is that hungry I always offer a couple of pieces of fruit, followed by her meal.

well today I have given her 6oz bottles before her lunch and dinner, and she has managed both. Either she is getting the hang of this weaning larky or she has suddenly found an appetite!

she has already has 17oz today and still has 1 bottle to go. A good day! x

We still give Ethan his bottle first and food an hour after.. The little monkey isn't keen on milk anyway, so I try and get him while he's hungry with the milk in the hope he'll have a lot and then food when he's not as hungry. He would eat solids at any time of day, as he loves his food! lol so this works for us at the moment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back