• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girls who have had an early scan!

katietateypot

Reaction score
I have my scan in the morning and my worrying side is in overdrive but i am the type of person who prefers to know some facts before i get definate answers anyway!

I was wondering out of the girls who had early scans,

1) when did you have your scan and was baby detected easily?
2) When could the HB be picked up on the scan?

I will only be 5+4 tomorrow so not sure what to expect at all as i know bubs will still be super teeny!

Any help will be appreciated!

Katie xx

I had an early scan at 6 weeks. I was told that was when you should definitely see a heart beat so at 5+4 you might only see the sac I think. I think it took a couple of minutes to find the baby... It just looked like a little blob with a bit of a flicker where the heart was beating. Good luck tomorrow!!! Xx

Hi I have had 3 one at 5 wks 4 days, 7 weeks and 8 weeks. The first we saw only the sac and yolk. The second and third we saw the hb and our little blob. The first and second scans were internal and the third was external as the babe was big enough by then to see. xx

Thanks girls!

I have been told to go with a full bladder incase they dont need to do the internal but i think considering how small bubs still is it will need to be done!

Oh cant believe i miht not see a HB but better to be prepared than them tell me that and me not knowing it wont be there! Hopefully everything else will be as it should be!

Oh super congrats I must have missed your BFP post- wow that was quick!!

Good luck for early scan hun X

Hi I have had 3 one at 5 wks 4 days, 7 weeks and 8 weeks. The first we saw only the sac and yolk. The second and third we saw the hb and our little blob. The first and second scans were internal and the third was external as the babe was big enough by then to see. xx

Forgot to add this to my last post!

On your very first scan when bubs was too small to show their HB did you automatically get another appointment for your second scan when they should be able to see the HB?

Oh super congrats I must have missed your BFP post- wow that was quick!!

Good luck for early scan hun X

I didnt post in the announcement section! :roll:

Was very quick, conceived our first month TTC! Feel so lucky :)

I was so mortified at the first scan after having a previous mc for her to say she couldn't see a babe but on the second I was so convinced I had nothing there that I sobbed when she showed me a little blob with a hb. I was not as far as I predicted so thats why they couldn't see as much as I thought they would. xx

Good luck with your early scan, I have mine tommorow afternoon. I'm 7 weeks so hoping can see bubs with a hb. Hoping it will make it real, as keep thinking I've dreamed the last few weeks!

I wasn't allowed a scan until 6 weeks as they said it would be very unlikely to see a HB any earlier & may not even at 6 weeks. Did see a HB at 6 weeks though & then again at 8 xxx

I had a scan when i thought i was 6 weeks, they dated me 5 weeks, they only saw the sack and yolk. They had to do an internal. Then i had a scan 5 days later and i saw the baby and heartbeat. That was also internal, think they like to do internal as it gives them a better look at baby. Good luck for today xx

My early scan wasn't quite as early as I thought....turned out I was over 9 weeks rather than the 7 I thought I was. Podge already had hands and feet and looks a bit like a bald hamster.

My scan was internal cos I wasn't sure of dating and she waved that thing around in there like a conductor in the Albert Hall rofl

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back