Girls! Please! Urgent help needed!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

I dont know what is happenng with Daniel. Second night running he is very unsettled in the evening. Before, he used to go to sleep at 7 pm, have a feed at 1am and go till 6.30am.

Yesterday was the first time we have tried him in his own room in a new cotbed. We put his old blanket in. So, after his usual feed at 6.30pm he went to sleep, but kept waking up constantly for the dummy, like every 15-30 mins, he went like that till about 11pm, when he just suddenly woke up screaming! And I couldnt calm him down for the first time in my life. Eventually I did it, when I fed him, but I had to cosleep with him till his 3am feed, then he went to the cotbed and was ok.

Today, the same story, 6.30-bottle (we gave him Calpol Night as well), he seems to be fine, after 15 mins, as soon dummy is out-he screams. At 9pm it got really bad. He didnt want dummy, didnt want neither of us, didnt want food or anything! He was just sreaming for about 15 minutes. He was jerking his back and it seemed to me thatr he has some sort of tummy pain. And really, nothing could calm him down for the first time. I rang NHS direct, while we were talking, my DH took him back to our own room and put him in his old crib and managed to calm him down and get him back to sleep (it might be that calpol started to work). The nurse on the phone said, that from what i have told there is nothing to worry about, and it probably is some sort of tummy ache. He is back to sleep now, but still wakes up every 20mins for a dummy.

So, the question is what is happening. He had a poo today, which was quite solid, but we are giving him diluted fruit juice and during the day he was ok, it is just in the evenings.

Can it be that Colics came back? We didnt change milk or anything?
Or is he constipated?
Or was he just freaking out cos of the new room?
He is teething at the moment, but before Calpol always settled him down, and it doesnt seem like a teething pain, it is definatly a tummy pain!

My OH went to the GP today with him to different reasons (exzema) and GP checked everything He isnt feeverish or anything.

Please, reply to this if you have any ideas!
I am really worried!

it sounds like constipation if he is arching his back hun. It might just need to pass and you could try nice relaxing baths and rubbing his tum.

Poor wee soul.
At that age its hard to know because they could so easily be teething but he seems really upset.

I hope heis better soon.

lauramumof2 said:
it sounds like constipation if he is arching his back hun. It might just need to pass and you could try nice relaxing baths and rubbing his tum.

Poor wee soul.
At that age its hard to know because they could so easily be teething but he seems really upset.

I hope heis better soon.

We cant bath him cos he has a cast on his leg because of the club foot :(
I hope he will be ok soon too :hug:

newmum said:
That sounds horrible. How is he now? It is so hard when you can see something is bothering them but don't know what it is. My LO woke 8 times the other night :wall: still don't know why. She kept jumping as if something was hurting her. Just wanted to send these :hug: :hug:

He is sort of asleep, but as soon as dummy is out he screams :cry: Goint to try to give him some more food and more Calpol :hug:

Hi Carina,

Back arching can be a sign of reflux and Daniel might be arching his back because he is having pain in his stomach and oseophegus (sp?) Try raising him when he lies down to sleep by about 30 degrees and see if this helps. Does he also fuss when he feeds? Sucking on a dummy causes more salive and this neutralise the acid in his stomache and this could be why he constantly wants it.

Hope you have a better night tonight,

tlc1974 said:
Hi Carina,

Back arching can be a sign of reflux and Daniel might be arching his back because he is having pain in his stomach and oseophegus (sp?) Try raising him when he lies down to sleep by about 30 degrees and see if this helps. Does he also fuss when he feeds? Sucking on a dummy causes more salive and this neutralise the acid in his stomache and this could be why he constantly wants it.

Hope you have a better night tonight,

Yes, I also was thinking about reflux. Thanks for the sleeping tip, will try it tonight. :hug:

i dont know carina but sending :hug: :hug: and hope LO gets better soon for you xx

Is diluted fruit juice a goos idea? I don't know anything about these things but it seems to me, it's quite acidic and could actually cause tummy pain?

Asher is about the same age as your LO and he still just has milk. Their tummy's are quite sensitive at this early age.

K.xx

KJ said:
Is diluted fruit juice a goos idea? I don't know anything about these things but it seems to me, it's quite acidic and could actually cause tummy pain?

Asher is about the same age as your LO and he still just has milk. Their tummy's are quite sensitive at this early age.

K.xx

:hug: We started on solids, so he has to have some sort of a drink. He absolutely wont take water (never did, starting from birth), so we have to do with the diluted fruit juice. We make it up very weak (what is already in a Hipps bottle we mix half with water). I also was thinking about it, but Danny has to have something to drink.

After I did some reading I definatly think its a reflux. Ill have to get an appointment with the GP. Hope he will clear it out.

Hi Carina,

There is a reflux support thread in the feeding section as a few of us on here have babies suffering, your not alone if that is what it turns out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back